Overboard || Illinois and Magnus (not really shipping)

Ship: Non

Sort of shipping...

IDK

This was a birthday present to a dear friend of mine on tumbler.

~'~'~

Illinois struggled against his bonds. The pirates around him laughed as he struggled. He had snuck aboard the ship to steal a bronze statue from them. The statue belonged to a museum and was most likely cursed. Something that pirates shouldn't have.

The pirates grew quiet as loud footsteps approached. "Well well well."

Illinois went slack-jawed. "Magnus?" he whispered.

Magnus leaned over so he could get a better look at Illinioses face. The giant of a man stood back up and sneered. "It's Illinois Jones. It's been a while."

Illinois stared at him. "Magnus, what happened to your legs?"

Magnus scoffed. "Don't act like you care."

"Magnus I-"

He was cut off when someone from the pirate crew pressed a knife against his neck. Magnus smirked and waved the crew member away. "If you cared you wouldn't have left me in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean! We could have been happy together but you were selfish!"

"It was wrong of us to try and keep the statue! It belonged in a museum!"

"You didn't have to leave me to die!"

Illinois stared at the ground as Magnus caught his breath. "Throw him overboard."

Illinois gasped and started once again to struggle against his bonds. The crew members pulled him up and dragged him to the side of the ship. Illinois pulled against their grip to no avail. "Magnus please don't do this!"

Magnus turned away from his once friend. "You know what happened to my legs?"

Illinois stopped struggling and blinked at the pirate captain. "I had to swim to shore because you took the paddles. I got attacked by a shark. I lost everything that day. It's your turn, Jones."

Illinois gasped as he was tossed over the edge. "Mag-"

He started before water filled his mouth. He thrashed in the water and swam up to the surface. The pirate ship slowly drifted away as he treads water. He looked around to find there was no land in sight.

Is this what Magnus had felt?

Had he really abandoned his friend?

Illinois shook his head and started swimming in a direction. Hopefully, he would find land soon.