Apple Picking || DarkPuppet

Ship: Dark/JJ

request from Tumbler.

I honestly adore this ship.

~'~'~

"I'm sorry," Dark said for the fifth time that day. "I didn't realize it was closed."

They had come to the orchard to pick apples. JJ had been singing about baking apple pasties to Dark and wanted to make that a reality. He loved JJ's cooking and the fall season made him really crave pastries. But when they arrived the orchard was closed and Dark had been apologizing for the past five minutes.

JJ sighed and looked at the gate. He turned to Dark and smiled. 'It's ok.' he signed and moved to the fence. He grabbed the top and pulled himself up, sliding over the edge and landing on the other side. 'We can still get apples. It'll be more fun with no one around anyways.'

Dark gaped at him. "Jameson we're breaking and entering!"

'That's the fun of it. Come on.'

Dark groaned and hopped the gate. He raised an eyebrow at JJ who took the wicker basket from him. 'Come on love. You'll love my apple pie.'

Dark nodded and followed JJ farther into the orchard. JJ pulled apples from trees as Dark looked around suspiciously. He was snapped out of his fear when JJ tapped his arm. 'Dark I can't reach that apple. Could you help me?'

Dark nodded and picked JJ up, lifting him so he could reach the apple in the tree. JJ smiled as he picked it. He placed it in the basket and kissed Darks forehead. 'Thank you so much, dear.'

Dark blushed and set JJ back on the ground. "You're welcome."

JJ looked at his basket. 'We only need a few more and then we can go.'

"I'm looking forward to that apple pie."

JJ smiled. 'I am as well.'

Dark relaxed and helped JJ pick apples. JJ insisted that they get just as many green apples as they did red apples. "Are we ready to go?"

JJ stared at his basket. 'Something's missing.'

Dark frowned. "What?"

JJ turned and pointed to a tree. 'We need some yellow ones. Could you be a dear and get for me. I'm tired and I have to get some more from this tree.'

Dark nodded and walked to the tree. He assumed JJ only wanted a couple which meant about six in his terms. He started to pick the ripe ones from the tree, checking them for bruises. He now had five in his hands now. "Hey, you!" Dark jumped and turned to see a man running towards him. "This is private property!"

Dark grabbed another apple and ran to his boyfriend who seemed unbothered by the sudden appearance of the farmer. "Time to leave," Dark said.

JJ giggled and held out the basket. Dark put the apples in and grabbed JJ's hand. They both disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving a very confused farmer.

JJ blinked and looked around at their house. "That was close," Dark said and sat on his seat. He rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed.

JJ leaned over and kissed his cheek. 'I'll get you your pie now.'

Dark eyes lit up. "Wonderful," he said.

JJ winked. 'Just wait you're going to love it.'