The Death of Me || JJ/The Host

Ship: JJ x The Host

I don't know why I ship this. It's just kinda cute. 

Warning: This has slight angst.

~'~'~

Jameson was going to die. He knew that. It wasn't in the sense that everyone died. He was going to die young. In the next year or so. If Anti didn't kill him then The Host would.

Jameson frowned and pulled a book from the library shelf. The sentimental side of him wanted to argue that The Host would never hurt him. That he loved him.

Jameson put the book back. There was still a small chance that Anti would kill him. But it was small. Anti had left him alone, favouring to bother Dark and Wilford. Jameson hadn't actually seen the glitch in weeks. Though it wasn't like he had gone looking for Anti.

Jameson sighed and sat in a chair. The Host would grow bored of him and kill him. That was a fact. Jameson put his head in his hands. He was scared.

The realization dawned on him suddenly. He didn't want to become another one of the hosts' characters. It would probably be a love story. A love story with tragedy and loss.

Jameson had never thought about it before. The Host wrote wonderful stories. Jameson had read most of them. Some stories his lover kept from him. The stories that were particularly brutal were hidden from the mute. Ones that might change Jameson's mind about dating him. They were always about real people in some way. He shook his head. Why was he worried he knew it was going to happen eventually.

Jameson stared at the shelves littered with books. He just needed to clear his mind. He stared at the shelves for almost two hours before arms wrapped around his shoulders. "Jameson Jackson has closed his mind to The Host."

Jameson blinked and nodded. "The Host asks why."

Jameson sighed and closed his eyes, letting The Host back in was easy. Keeping The Host out was hard. The Host smiled against Jameson's neck. "The Host thanks Jameson for letting him back in. Jameson nods and turns away afraid The Host will notice something wrong."

Jameson froze. The Host let go of him and walked over to the chair across from the mute. "What is wrong?" The host asked, stopping his narration.

Jameson shook his head and waved him off. "The Host, I remind you that you are not a bother. You are my partner and lover. I," The Host paused, "care for you."

Jameson just stared at him. "Jameson Jackson had no idea that The Host felt anything for him. The Host reminds Jameson Jackson that he is The Host's boyfriend. The Host would stay if he didn't care."

The Host stood up and crossed the room. "I am sorry that I caused you distress," he whispered leaning over his lover. He lifted Jameson's chin so that his blue eyes were staring at his bloody bandage. "You will not die by my hands. When you die I shall write your story and cherish it."

Jameson blinked and tears fell from his eyes. The Host froze before gathering the sobbing dapper in his arms, pulling him in for a hug. "The Host tells Jameson Jackson not to cry as his eyes are his second-best feature."

Jameson giggled silently and tilted his head. "Your kindness. That's your first. Your kindness to me and to others. The Host loves Jameson Jackson. He just forgot to tell him."

Jameson nodded and pressed a kiss against The Hosts lips. The Host pulled away. "The Jims are looking for a story so I would recommend retreating to our room."

The mute nodded and let The Host pick him up and carry him out of the library. Jameson slept well for the first time in a month. Cradled in the arms of his boyfriend.