Lets Talk

The next morning, Mama Woods felt a little more at ease as she finally scrounged up some breakfast for a very hungry Mr. Woods and her tired baby brother. Whom ended up staying the night in their little spare room. Mr. Woods was so happy not only to see his daughter and his wife not only getting along once again, but to see his wife showing a little color and life to her day. But most of all he was so happy to see an actual hot meal prepared before his eyes. And that this time, it wasn't tossed in the trash. He was so overjoyed, he wept as they said grace.

Later on that afternoon, as Mr. Woods, was now back at work and an anxious Jeffy, whom cleverly snuck out of sight to attend to an important rendezvous in Orange Haven, Maple in her finest Sunday dress and Mama Woods in her most elegant attire, decided to take a long drive. None other than  in the direction of Mrs. Crowder and her private estate of course.

Finally half way reaching their destination, Maple and Mama Woods, knew they had to leave their car a few blocks down the road and walk the rest of the way. Because the only way into Mrs. Crowder's estate was an open invitation on a very closed large and guarded metal like fortress by none other than Mrs. Crowder herself. And Maple and Mama Woods knew they were last ones Mrs. Crowder would ever give an invitation to.

Mrs. Crowder was so closed off, she stayed on high alert watching her cameras for any and all trespassers.  No one got in or out of the vicinity of her property without the push of her button or knowing her access code. Well no one in her eye view that is. The only other way in was through the hidden crooked back gate trail way on Avington road. Something Mrs. Crowder was obviously oblivious to. In fact the only ones who knew of that secret entrance were a few crafty teens in Ponchas Row that would sometimes have their own little rendezvous here and there. And now a very shocked and intrigued Mrs. Woods.

"Maple? I'm not even gonna ask." A stunned Mama Woods remarked as her daughter led her in.

"Best you don't." Maple replied as she helped her mama in. "But if you must know..."

"Let me guess... Annelle and Beth Anne?"

"I didn't say a word Mumma." Maple smirked.

"Ya didn't have ta." Mama Woods whispered. "Yo eyes just said it all." She softly fussed. "I do declare as soon as yo sistas get back from their holiday with grandma Hastings, they have a talk comin. Uh big one."  She lowly mumbled.

"Just note, I didn't say a word Mumma." Maple whispered back as she giggled at her refined mama breaking and entering.

"And ya better not say a word to yo daddy!" Mama Woods fussed.

"Oh No ma'am." Maple smiled.

"Or yo Uncle Jeffy eitha."

"Oh he already knows Mumma."

"He Whut?!" Mama Woods fussed shocked. She was so loud the birds in the trees flew the coop.

"Shhh Mumma! How you think my sisters found out." Maple giggled.

"Heathen!" Mama Woods fussed under her breath.

"To be fair Mumma, Uncle Jeffy may have heathen ways to you. But you really can't get him. Or the sisters for that matter. At least not for this." Maple boldly stated.

"I don't see why not!" Mama Woods fussed.

"Cuz just look where you are and whut you're doin in this very instant." Maple snickered.

"Pifft!" Mama Woods replied dumbfounded. "Pifft!"  All she could say was Pifft.

Maple in that moment was so entertained not only by her mama's expression. But her compromising situation as they took cover behind a thick brush.