Summer Time Blues

Arriving at Eden's Shore, Mama Woods shooshed  Maple to go on without them for the time being. Doing as she was told, Maple strolled down the grassy hill as Daddy and Mama Woods unloaded the umbrellas, food and blankets from the Cadillac.

Eventually reaching the beach, Maple found a vacant spot away from the bustle of the crowd. In that moment she felt serenity as she watched others play and run along the beach and many wading in the blue water.

She laughed and felt peace as the cool of the breeze danced in her dark curls. Finding a tidy spot she slowly sat down making sure not to dirty up her capris. Removing her slip on shoes, she gratifyingly let her toes sink in the warm white sands. Closing her eyes in sheer contentment, she listened to her surroundings, all the while smelling the sweet amber florals. Wrapping her arms around herself as the breeze swayed on her ruffled shirt and the sun kissed her skin, Maple felt at ease...

"Maple shuga lamb." Mama Woods said standing over her being a temporary shade. "Here's yo parasol and lotion foe yo skin. Yo daddy and I are gonna be just up yonder with yo Uncle and Cornelia." She said kissing Maple goodbye as she held on tightly to her summer hat that tried to escape with the wind And fussing at Daddy Woods to wait up.

As the day went on, while the Woods, Uncle Jeffy and Cornelia, satisfyingly enjoyed each others company and that of others on the beach, Leslie Anne and Josephine eventually found Maple on her own. They kept her company and took her and her luggage from her parents as she kissed them goodbye. With that, the girls took Maple back with them as they leisurely headed back up the hill just a ways and up to Leslie Anne's aunt summer home.

Being three carefree young ladies, they enjoyed their time and their night in the beautiful summer home. Guess you could say it was a slumber party.

There was no doubt that Leslie Anne was better off than Maple and Josephine financially. Nonetheless, Leslie Anne, always appeared to be a humbled spirit that loved and shared everything with them. Maple and Josephine weren't used to staying in such luxury. They felt like princesses in a castle.

It would be days before they even thought about returning to Ponchas and it's scorching heat, as Leslie's aunt welcomed them to stay as long as they liked in the cool of her home.

On the third day, while Uncle Jeffy and Cornelia joined Mama and Daddy Woods who had been gone for over a day now on their little family adventure, the girls had returned from enjoying yet another tranquil day at Eden Shores beach.

As the sun began to set, the girls blissfully returned for dinner.

Just as they headed up the steps of the summer home...

"Hello my love."

"Andrew..." Maple said stunned to see him standing there.

There he was sharply dressed and handsome as ever. She knew he was coming. She just didn't know when. In fact. She was having so much fun and relaxing with her chums, that she had forgotten he was still coming. Course when Josephine seen him standing on the top of the stairs, why she nearly tumbled over.

Meeting them half way, Andrew glowed in anticipation at the presence of Maple. Josephine on the other hand looked like a sickly egg. As he reached them, he greeted the girls. But kissed Maple as if his mouth were dry and she was the water in the well.

"Well I guess that's our cue." Leslie Anne snickered as she fiddled with her short dark haired bob. "Come along Jojo. We still need to get changed and wipe the sands from our toes. "I'm sho aunt Goldie is just wonderin where we are. No doubt we are late foe suppa." She rolled her eyes. "Umm Andrew you are welcome to join us." Leslie Anne said.