So Is This Goodbye?

Maple stood there for a good minute, rambling on and telling Tator all about what happened about how the brooch was taken and returned.

"So you see. That's whut happened." She said exhaling with a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry to say yo Nana played yet another role of a villain in my life. Don't worry she didn't get off Scott free. And neither did Andrew. I didn't tell you all of whut actually happened. But I told you the jest of it. Some things are not meant to be aired. But it is in short whut happened. And both now are doing penance. I have no doubt. And I'm healing from it. And I'm sure they are in their own way too. I mean that's a lot to take in foe seven years that we last talked. Don'tchu thank?" She slightly nervously giggled.

However to her dismay, Tator still said not a word....

"Dang it alive, Malcom Halbert Taterson! I have jest bout had enough of yo silence!" She fussed! "I have stood here in yo livin room spillin my heart out and all you kin do is stare?" She hissed. "Well enough is enough!" She growled with her hands upon her hips. "Whut else do you wont me ta say?"

"The kiss." He said finally speaking up.

"Whut kiss?" She coyly smiled.

"Don't play dumb. You know exactly whut kiss."

Maple gulped. "For the love of rice crispies! It meant nothin...but goodbye!"

"Goodbye?"

"Mmm-hmm. Yes. Goodbye."

"That wuz a long, long, looooong kiss... goodbye." Tator scowled.

"And whut were you doin there spyin?"

"The whole universe could see that kiss Maple!" Tator fussed!

"Uh huh! Well if you hadda came a few minutes sooner, youda seen me slap him silly foe even layin one on me! But noooo... you too busy judgin and, and, and, throwin the book at me!"

"Whut book?" Tator argued! "You set the book on fire with that kiss!"

"It meant nothin!"

"Oh it meant somethin! And Andrew didn't seem ta mind!"

"I..." Maple sighed. "I ain't perfect Tator. You of all people know that I make mistakes. But it wuz whut I said... it wuz a goodbye." Maple woefully said.

"Do you love him?"

"Honestly?"

"Course."

"Part of me did." Maple admitted. "Perhaps part of me may always feel some em for him."

Tator started to walk away...

"You wan me ta lie?" She heavily sighed. "It ain't fair that you are askin me this!"

"Life ain't fair Maple! But I kin tell ya.. I only loved one woman in all my life! And I knew there was onlay one that wuz meant for me. But she was busy lovin another."

"You left me!"

"And that's an excuse?"

"No! But it's not like I didn't wait foe you to return.."

"And I did! I came back foe ya, Maple!"

"I know!" Maple outburst. "I know... My mumma told me everythang." Maple wearily sighed. "And if she could take it back... she would."

"Would she?"

"Yes!"

"Would you?"

Maple was hesitant...

"There's my answer." Tator laughed.

"No it ain't you raunchy turd!" Maple growled! "I see you tryin to put me in a hot seat and fry me like bacon on a skillet! You ain't innocent in all this!"