Have You Lost Your Mind?

Tator had not even been back in Ponchas for less than an hour when he was spotted by Maple.

Before all of that have even happened, where you had last saw Tator, well, he had left his Nana's house after their dispute about Maple.

But as Maple said, where was he?

It is true that he needed to take care of some personal things. Some, to which he would not disclose to Maple for the time being. But one of them, that he would have gladly told her, if she hadn't runaway like she did, was that he finally got a job at the mill from Mr. Drakersen. And the other, a temporary place to reside, that was nowhere near his Nana, till his ship came in sort of speak. That meant, Tator was officially ready to propose.

He was so excited and was ready to talk to the Woods to battle for the love of Maple over Andrew. However, to his dismay, at that very same moment of his blessed news, he received the grave news just as quick, of his Gran aka Mrs. Lexington's, sudden illness. With that there was no question of why he left in a flash.

An upset Tator, stayed as long as he could at his gran's side. As a matter of fact, he had been down there for weeks never knowing of what repercussions that had resulted in his last fallout with his Nana.

The last thing he had said to her was steer clear of Maple. It never crossed his mind, she always had the intention, brooch or not, to bombard and target the Hastings at any cost. One way or the other. He was just her final breaking point.

But the moment, he found out...

"Nana!" Tator roared barging into her manor.

"Why Tator, Sweetheart! You're back!" A haughty Mrs. Crowder replied while gliding down her stairs with an overconfident expression of malice. "I've missed you my dear."

When she reached the end of those stairs where a furious Tator stood with such contempt in his eyes towards her, she tried to ignore his glare and desperately tried to clasp onto him as she always would when he came for a visit. But this time, Tator shoved her away...

"Nana... whut have you done?!?"

"Why... Tator, how dare you push away yo Nana like she is nuthin but paper on the wall? Naw come here, where is my hello and kiss?"

"Nana, stop it." An angry Tator hissed as he once again pushed her away.

"Oh fine Tator." She groaned backing away.

She oozed in such arrogance to her bar to pour herself, her umpteenth glass of sherry.

"You hurt my feelins." She smugly replied while sipping on her sherry like a sauced goose.

Tator immediately stormed over and ripped, the over the top, drink from his Nana's grasp.

"Nana__"

"I wasn't done with that!" She said trying to grab it back!

"You've had enough!"

"Since when?" She cackled.

"Can't you see whut you have done?"

"Why I have done nuthin, Tator, but make thangs right for our family."

"You're gonna go and make thangs right for the Woods! You will drop those charges nana
and__"

"I most certainly will not." She abruptly disagreed. "Tator, my sweet, can't you see, thangs are finally turnin around in our favor?"

"Look at yo self Nana. Do you even know who you are right naw? And whut happened to yo face? Your tooth? Were you fightin with yo inner demons? Cuz if so, it looks like they may have won."

"Why, my sweet, whut eva do you mean? I look perfectly fine..."

"Perfectly fine? Nana, you have a bruise on your arm the size of Manhattan, a black eye, and you are missin a tooth!"

"Oh that..." She said rolling her eyes. "It's not missin, it's jest chipped." She snickered. "But if you must know, well, You'd thank when you go to visit a childhood friend, she would embrace you with glad tidings. Instead I was jumped!" She said snatching the glass back from Tator.

"Jumped by who?"

"Why none otha than Olivia Hastings and her hoodlum grandchildren!" Mrs. Crowder griped.

"Why, there I was on a visit to Everly to check on Olivia to see how she was handlin the news of Scarlet... And to let her know, my own mother was down and out... Next thang I know, she clocks me one and I'm rollin in her front yard! Why I couldn't believe it! She was a mad woman on the loose! Shows you where Maple gets it from! Nevertheless, here I am fightin for my life. And Ima hoot hollerin screamin for help. And I thought it had arrived when I saw, who I thought was always a logical Beth Anne roll up in her broke down car. But unfortunately she arrived with her wild child sister, Annelle.Why course they stop the fight. And I was relieved to be released by Olivia's bear claws! Course I thanked them, for intervenin...

But all I said wuz, Olivia should be in a cell next to Scarlet, and next thang I know, I am back on that ground rollin with Beth Anne. But not before, a very pregnant and irate Annelle, snatched my second favorite, decorated, velvet avant-garde hat, from my hair! Snatched my new style and everythang! Why I fear those Hastings, are nuthin but wild hoodlums who would have snatched my precious life if weren't for their sensible neighbors comin to my rescue! And that muskrat Cleava... that rodent slept through the whole thang as I was callin his name for help!

SIDE NOTE FROM CLEAVER: "Oh I wasn't sleepin. Not one wink, not me. Why I was watchin the whole thang go down. And sad to say I was a tad delighted. Was bout time, someone taught that woman a lesson with her mouth. I was happy to see them unleash a can of whoop ah__"

"As I was sayin... Cleava, slept the whole time with his stupid hearin aids on silent! Why I could have died right then and there! And I thought Maple was a wretch! Why that whole Hastings Clan has lost their mind!"

"They've lost their mind?"

"I'm afraid so." She said pouring another glass.

"Nana... can't you see whut you are doin is all kinds of wrong?"

"How is it wrong Tator? They have ruined my life from the day Olivia invaded my humble abode with her mother. You know she stole my man! Well my first man. No offense, Rusty." She uttered looking up at the ceiling. "God rest his soul." Then had the gaul to have that child Scarlet... who I say was bad apple from birth. Why she stole my precious brooch! I don't have to tell you. And then, why there's Maple." She growled. "She did worst of all, turnin my own flesh and blood on me. Why that... is unforgivable!"

"I told you to leave her alone!" Tator growled!

"Why I am Tator. In fact I have great news that she will be out of our lives. And for good this time. So you see, I won't have ta mess with her. Or upset you any further about her."

"Whut did you do?"

"Why Tator, my sweet, I did absolutely nuthin. I mean, nuthin that wasn't truly her choice that is." Mrs. Crowder coyly replied crossing her fingers behind her back.

She tipped over to Tator nearly falling over as she uttered...

"Well don'tchu wont ta hear the incredible news?" She uttered fidgeting with her broke tooth. "It is so incredible, Tator. For you and especially for me. See I have it on good authority, that Maple is gettin married. And the best part, it is not to you... Cheers!" She said guzzling the bottle!