It's Her Choice

"Forget this! That's it!" Tator huffed!

"Calm down." Uncle Jeffy whispered leaning over Tator's shoulder, trying not to ruffle his feathers. Moreover, to tame him from coming any further off the hinges than he already and evidently was.

"Nah suh..." Tator lowly steamed with an intense scowl. "I have been standin here for over five minutes and Maple is nowhere to be found. You gone tell me, you know where she is?"

Uncle Jeffy, wanted to give a definite answer. But he couldn't.

"That's what I thought." Tator grumbled.

"Son__"

"Reverend Mosay..." Tator interrupted. "no offense, but I refuse to stand here for another second, waitin. I've waited all my life for this moment. Naw, I'm gone go get that woman... and carry her down this isle. Kickin and screamin if I haveta... To finally except or reject me. But one way or another, the time... is naw. Sides we owe it to all these people here."

"Son... I know you're anxious as a coon stuck in a beehive. But just give her one more minute." Reverend Mosay calmly whispered.

"Tator, listen to the reverend. Sides, it won't do you any good, to race off in a scurry like a wild man, huntin down my niece, who obviously can't tell time, and draggin her down that isle like a barbarian."

"I agree." Reverend Mosay interjected. "Sides that's foe the bedroom."He softly spoke flirtatiously winking towards his bashful wife's way. "Saturdays." He widely grinned licking his lips. "Mmm."

Flabbergasted, by the Reverend's two cents, all Tator and Uncle Jeffy, could do in that moment was stare at the widely grinning Reverend in astonishment. Uncle Jeffy trying to hide his slight cringe, cleared his throat and said..

"You can't stomp off forcing her down here. Whut good is it gonna do ya?"

"Whut good is it doin me, standin here naw?" Tator hissed. "And after last night__"

"Whutchu mean... after "last" night?" Uncle Jeffy blurted out with an arched brow as his voice echoed throughout the sanctuary.

"Nothin..." Tator said quickly looking away and towards a beyond inquisitive congregation. In whispering tones he replied. "All I'm sayin is, I'm tired of waitin..."

"We all felt that way son." Reverend Mosay whispered. "But you have to say I do, befoe you do whut you really wanna do. That moment takes time. Uh good time... But it's worth it." He coyly winked. "For now, keep the alligator in the pants. I mean, if ya haven't already?" He said leaning in and looking over his glasses waiting for Tator to acknowledge.

"That's uh... ahem... that's not whuttuh... umm." Tator ceased in mid sentence gazing flustered in blushing tones, as he was caught off guard, by a cheesing and inquisitive Reverend Mosay. Then he gazed at an eyebrow raising Uncle Jeffy, as he suddenly stammered over his words. Feeling like he was in the hot seat, Tator became completely befuddled and oh so stunned at what the reverend thought he was thinking he was thinking. Clearing his throat repeatedly, almost as if he was trying to hock a hairball, he uttered. "That's not uh whut I meant."

"Uh huh." The reverend guffawed nudging him.

All Tator could do was stare completely in a stupor... For one instant, it seemed like Uncle Jeffy, and Reverend Mosay, had finally calmed down, moreover distracted a very agitated Tator. But folks, I hate to say, all it took was one glance in the church pews and towards one snide looking and oh so peculiar acting, Andrew Wellington the third. And it was all over...

"That's it!" Tator growled!

Before anyone could utter another word, or grab him by the heels, Tator leapt off the church pulpit like he was pole vaulting down that church isle. Truth is, ain't nobody ever seen Tator move so fast. Why he was so fast, he was more than already half way down that isle! Shoe weee could that man move! And all in the name of love!