Life Goes On...

In the following months, life still went on as normal. With the exception that Maple was soon to be married.

She couldn't believe how fast time had passed since that summer's day on Tonka Lake where she excepted Tator's proposal.

Once again, Maple, although a grown woman, found herself being chaperoned off and on, by her family and friends...

She has made a solemn promise to Mama Woods, God and herself, that she would wait...

But rest assured it wasn't easy! Especially on Tator! He had waited all them years to be with Maple. And now it was even more torturous to wait a few more weeks to be her forever beloved. So much so, he wanted to just elope and continue on in life with Maple as his bride.

Nonetheless, Mama Woods, wanted a wedding! It was her last child.. her baby. And she wanted to see her walk down the isle, I would say more than Maple did. Because the temptation of not being with Tator, drove Maple just as much insane from not being in his arms as well...

In her twenty six years of living, she was more overjoyed than she could have ever dreamed. She was even offered to do some photography for the local gazette, where her best friend Josephine worked. She continued working at the ranch on many occasions helping with Mr. Hoffman train and take care of the horses. She loved every moment of it. Especially when she could escape and ride on her favorite mare, Fantasia. Tator of course would join her on his stallion, Hopscotch, as they would ride through the meadows and forget the world... And of course to be alone with each other. Every chance they got. But Tator was a gentleman and kept his word. But rest assured she was not free his lips and gentle caresses.

Course a blissful no longer the old maid, at fifty three years of age, Miss Millie Wexler or her dapper husband of sixty five years young, Mr. Hoffman, or their five adopted children, would always find them at the right opportune moments.

As for the rest of Ponchas, well Leslie Anne and Mo Thumper would still come back to Ponchas on occasion dividing their holiday time from Aurelia and their booming manufacturing business. Naturally, after visiting Eden's shore, and her aunt Goldie, who was also one of Cleaver's daughters. Needless to say bringing along their full house, the triplets and the twins to visit her family. Including her great grandfather, Cleaver Jones. Who was living life to the fullest with his young bride of eighty, Miss Betty. Fact is Mrs. Crowder, to his surprise, let Cleaver keep that Rolls. As long as he promised to continue to check up on her once in a while. And of course take his beautiful wife on more joy rides!

Josephine, a budding journalist, was healing... She would visit and spend time with her best friend in the entire world, Maple. Helping her prepare for her wedding in her spare time. And other things. She was back home temporarily staying with her mama and her son. As for her and Andrew? Well... we'll see...

And after Daddy Woods, who was now by this time fifty six years old, and beyond ready to retire from his insurance company with Clarence, finally caught his bearings. Well after he finished crying for a month from hearing of Maple's engagement, in all. You'll be happy to know upon hearing that news, he regained back his appetite! And of course, he slowly took Tator into his graces. They would even fish at Tonka Lake with Uncle Jeffy. And of course the always famished, next door neighbor, coworker and best friend Clarence...

In the irony of Tator and Uncle's Jeffy now booming franchise, it was ironic to say the least that Tator's middle name was Halbert and Uncle Jeffy's was Julius. Sometimes, what was meant for harm, God turned for good. As the two men had now continued what their ancestors once started. But never succeeded. Pretty soon their names were known all across the hundred and five counties. And much more. As the jewelry and carpentry industry of theirs, successfully surpassed their highest expectations and royally bloomed. Beyond their wildest dreams!