Say I Do...

Romance was definitely in the air that night...

Although the time was sparingly brief, Tator and Maple made the most of it. As it seemed to last as if it were a lifetime.

On the cool of the breeze in the early morning hours, and a little bit past two, as the silver moon guided the way, Tator and Maple found themselves taking a brief, but meaningful and enjoyable ride through the backcountry...

It was the perfect spot for that rising morn in that bluish, purple sky... Hopscotch was free to roam, as Tator held Maple in his arms for the tranquil ride, as if there were no tomorrows. At least till they made their way back to the spot they would always go when they would sneak around in their clandestine, and oh so hush hush relationship days.

Out in the cul de sacs on that dead end road, it wasn't far from home. But it was far enough to not be seen or found by anyone as they planted their feet, by the Taperton's old abandoned two story barn.

Surprisingly after all that time, it was still desolate. Even more surprising, for no one had found their peaceful rendezvous spot of their secret hideaway. And they couldn't have been more excited and happy about it.

Putting Hopscotch in peaceful resting spot, Tator, gently put Maple down, as he reached in his saddle bag, and removed the picnic blanket. Holding her hand, in one and with the blanket and lantern, in the other, he gallantly led the way into that old and vacant barn as he laid the blanket, that was more than cozy enough for two, on the floor of that empty and open barn...

Blissful in spirit, they found just enough time to do a little canoodling...

After some time Tator gave his lips a short break as he said...

"You gone marry me in a few hours?" He said laying on top of Maple as he gently caressed her face.

"Thought about it." Maple replied biting her lip with an ornery smile.

"Say you'll marry me."

"I marry you."

"Say I do."

"No." Maple giggled.

"And why not?"

"Cause I jest said I'll marry you..."

"But you didn't say when..."

"You know I will..."

"In a few hours?"

"Maybe..." Maple blushingly giggled.

"Then say I do."

"No..."

"Why the heck not?" Tator pouted.

"Cause if I say it naw, you may take it upon yo self to declare that we are already married in the eyes of the Loard! And that the wind, the stars, and that there tree out yonder... whutever name you wan call it, are our witnesses. And then have yo way with me."

Tator amusingly laughed...

"Why it ain't good ole Pearly, if that's whut you mean!" He teased. "Sides he would be our witness. Him and the well, you like ta call... well..." Tator snickered.

"Well him and the well, are not gonna hear those words out of mouth." Maple laughed. "Naw whut time is it?" Maple smiled glancing at Tator's wrist.

Just then, Tator took his watch off his wrist. Never once looking down, he threw it far off into the tall grass, a little ways away...

"Tator!" Maple gasped!

Maple began to get up and go after the watch. Before she could, Tator pulled her back down as she fussed.