Back In Session

Daddy Woods finally found his way off the pot as he lovingly embraced his wife back to the land of the living.

Along with Mama Woods family, and sheriff Rosenbaum, all were delighted to hear that she was in the stages of recuperating. And if you can believe even Mrs. Crowder was relieved to hear Mama Woods was recovering nicely. Course her reasoning was so she could get the show back on the road, sort of speak. And send poor Mama Woods, back packing into the correctional facility. This time for good. But you know you can't keep the Hastings/ Woods family down for long. No sir.

While Mama Woods stayed just a few more days out of sight and recovering to get her strength fully back, what Maple said haunted her dreams. In fact, she tried her darnedest to dream and return to the place she once was in that glass room, and with her young daddy. But it was to no avail. And although there were some odd resemblance to Maple's dream, She never told Maple or anyone else about that occurrence. Especially Maple, because she couldn't wrap her mind around, not only that she vaguely remembered being there, but that Maple somehow was there too.

But as many times as she tried to return to the mystery, to her dismay, there was no success.

In time Mama Woods, found herself fully recovered and strong enough. It was time to return back to the trial and face the music. No matter the outcome...

By this time, it was nearing spring... Not a soul had forgotten about the trial. And once again, not a seat was bare in that old court room...

The only difference was Mrs. Crowder didn't smell as much like the death, as judge Bloomfurd once hissed. She still smelled of it mind you. But the scent was slowly wearing off. Or so she hoped.

"All rise!" Bailiff Sandford once again spoke.

Court proceeded. Mrs. Crowder once again told her side of the story. And was a spitfire in the cross examination. She played the victim well. A little too well. She even managed to have her lawyer bring in a surprise witness. Fred aka Daddy Woods. But luckily for Mrs. Woods, the judge dismissed him as a witness, seeing as he was married to the defendant. But still, somehow, Mrs. Crowder's lawyer was able to put him at the place and time.

Obviously enough Mrs. Crowder, had absolutely no recollection of Fred ever working at the Lexington manor. But as that saying goes, the walls have ears. And she had ears in that cell. Why none other than deputy Leigh. Who gladly filled in Mrs. Crowder on the events of Fred being there that winter. But by the grace of God, deputy Leigh didn't hear everything. Especially since sheriff Rosenbaum, always had Leigh doing other duties than being at the jail. Ain't no surprise in all. The sheriff always called him a weasel hired by Mrs. Crowder and Leigh always got on the sheriff's everlasting nerves. Nonetheless, the jury's ears were burning in curiosity.

All the while the whole time, Mama Woods sat in silence almost as if she were a ghost of mystery. She shared no emotions as evidence seemed to pile on her.

The only time she showed emotion was when the plaintiff cross examined her brother Jeffy. She felt it was her fault he was even up there in the first place. But Jeffy, being the strong, little, big brother that he is, stood his ground, bout for bout with everything that came against him. Even when the plaintiff made Jeffy admit to the entire court that he created the replica brooch and all its likeness. But luckily for Jeffy, he was not the one on trial. Not yet in Mrs. Crowder's eyes. Still what was said, really didn't help Mama Woods case much. The damage was already done. Because even the ones on the fence, started to climb over to Mrs. Crowder side.. when they heard what Jeffy did.

Maple so desperately wanted to get on the stand. But she was not called by either side. And she couldn't understand why. She thought sure, she could help her mama, if only they let her speak. But Mama Woods, made her lawyer, Darren Smarten, promise not to call on Maple. Under any circumstances. So he obliged.

Finally another surprise witness was called to the stand. But this time, it was called for the defense.

"Yo honor." Mr. Darren Smarten said standing up. "I call my next witness, Mr. Malcom Tatorsen to the stand."

"Naw hold on a minute!" Mrs. Crowder screeched bolting from her chair! "Like hells fire blazin you'll call him!" She shouted.

"Mrs. Crowder, please sit." Her lawyer pleaded.

"Heck to the No... no no!" She shouted turning around looking at Tator as he boldly and uprightly walked through those court room doors. "Tator!" She squealed like a wild pig on a grill! "Naw you take yo self... rat back outta here!" She angrily demanded!

But Tator wasn't budging and said not a word to his beyond vexed Nana.

"You hear me boy!" She shrilled!

Judge Bloomfurd smacked his gavel down so hard as a raging Mrs. Crowder ranted in the courtroom and poor Mr. Kransten tried to silence and calm down an over the top yapping Mrs. Crowder down.

"Tator!"

"Order in the court!"

"Malcom Halbert Tatorsen!"

"I said....order in the court!"

"I know you see me talkin to ya! I said git!"

"Enough Nana!" Tator uttered refusing to back down.

"I don't care how old you are boy! You will mind yo Nana! Naw I said__"

"And I said-Duh... Order in the gosh darn cotton pickin court!" Judge Bloomfurd hollered standing up vexed! "Mrs. Crowder! I have had about enough of you woman! Naw if you don't sit yo oversized mothballin, yackety out of order, hoe down, square.. butt... down this instant, I will have you held in contempt to infinity! Naw shut up!" He growled.

"Well..." Mrs. Crowder said agape.

She had no choice but to sit down.

"Lawd!" The judge hissed as he slammed down in his chair!

He was so upset, he plopped two tablets of alka seltzer in his water and guzzled it down in two swigs and a burp to boot.

"And for goodness sake open another freakin winda Sandford!" He yelled. "Fore we both yack up in here and court will never be finalized!" He grumbled beyond annoyed. "Cooped up in here with you all day woman! Lawd, you are really tryin my patience." He groaned like he could see God himself in the ceiling. "Malcom boy, hurry up and git yo butt up here and plant it, foe I do somethin to that woman, you and I both will regret. Or will we?" Judge Bloomfurd scowled!