The Interchanging Phenomenon Part 2

From out of the shadows, He stood...

"Hello Maple..."

Maple could not believe her eyes...

"Mo? Mo Thumper?"

"In the flesh." He goofily grinned bowing before Maple as a prince does to a queen...

"I don't understand..."

"It was him, Maple." A perturbed Leslie Anne groaned in her jester attire. "He is the one that was in that stupid wolf's costume. And Josephine, crossed out her eva lastin mind, was jest dyin to show you!"

"I wuz! I really wuz! But I didn't thank you would react... look, I didn't thank! I wuz jest so excited that he came back ta town since we haven't seen each otha in so long..."

"So you mean to tell me, this whole time... he, Mo Thumper, yo ex beau, wuz the wolf?"

"Uh huh..." Josephine gulped.

"The wolf from earlier tonight, that walked towards me like a ghost in the mist?"

"May__"

"That made me, as mumma said sing sweet whistlin Dixie to the sandman?"

"I thought it would be a surprise... Sur-Prize!" Josephine said on the tips of her toes...

"Ain't it dumb?" Leslie Anne complained.

"Leslie Marie Anne! I have jest about enough of you!" Josephine growled...

But to her astonishment, her vex became silent as a rushed Maple, scurried past her to the open window...

Maple stood in silence...

"See! Look whut you done!" Leslie Anne, whispered as she smacked an uneasy Josephine.

"Umm maybe I should wait outside?" Mo murmured.

"Gone.." Leslie Anne said quickly shooing him away.

In haste Leslie Anne kicked out Mo, before he could utter another word.

In a room of silence, all but the music that seeped through the closed doors, the girls were now all alone. Standing in the middle of the room a very nervous Josephine and annoyed Leslie Anne quietly stood behind a very mum Maple.

They whispered about who would be the first to speak and to attempt to comfort Maple. But before they could even utter another word... Maple turned around...

Maple's cheeks were as red as Mrs. Deardens strawberry preserves. And her eyes welling with tears. Leslie Anne and Josephine quickly moved towards Maple to comfort. Suddenly they halted from making another step. Because right before their eyes, she just abruptly broke down.

"It was Mo?" She murmured covering her eyes.

"Oh Maple!" They cried.

Right before them, Maple was bent over... In haste they tried to console her. But found themselves in a stupor. A very crimson faced Maple wheezed an unfamiliar utterance her friends had never heard.
For Maple was not crying. In fact she was doing the complete opposite. Suddenly a peculiar smile, spread across her voluptuous lips as she uttered one word...

"Mo..."

In a sudden outburst, she convulsed with wild laughter! Maple could no longer contain what was bubbling over inside. She was instead laughing breathless. As if there were no tomorrow. A stunned Josephine and Leslie could not believe their eyes... But before they knew it, as best friends do, they too, began to laugh at an amused Maple. Moreover at the thought of it all...