I Don't Want To Hear It!

Uncle Jeffy stood banging on that little cabin door in his sister's backyard...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"Open the doe, Maple!"

"No!" Maple hollered through the locked door.

Maple was beyond tired of hearing someone come up to her and say those exact words... She didn't want to hear it anymore. And after a long time, she was starting to feel semi normal. And the last thing she wanted to hear from anyone was... "I need to tell you something."

"Maple Joelle__"

"Gone! Uncle Jeffy! Go away!" She ranted stomping away from the door and plopping on and hugging her favorite stuffed animal, Mr. Bagabones. Her oldest stuffy, from none other than Grandpa Hastings, himself. It was a long eared, gray velvet elephant, that now set next to her dark blue patterned sofa pillows, on her soft brown, faux leather, sofa bed.

Uncle Jeffy started moving around outside...

"I kin see you!" He fussed!

"And?" Maple fussed back!

"And I ain't leavin!" Uncle Jeffy hollered, going to the open window where he peeked in from the side of the curtain and could plainly see Maple moping.

"And I ain't openin this door!" Maple huffed licking her tongue out at her uncle as he stared in...

"Daggumit Maple! Open the dang door!"

"No!"

"You gone open this door?"

"Nope..."

"Maple Joelle Woods..."

"You might as well get Uncle Jeffy! Cuz I ain't openin the cotton pickin doe!"

"Fine!" Uncle Jeffy hollered.

"Fine!" Maple hollered back as she pouted on that sofa! "I don't care whut he say... I ain't movin!" She stubbornly grumbled talking to herself aloud and of course to Mr. Bagabones.

Suddenly there was silence... A little too much silence....

Maple jumped off that sofa so quick, you would have thought she could fly! In fact she made Mr. Bagabones do just that! She darted for that door and looked out the peephole and then to the side of the window. Uncle Jeffy was nowhere in sight! Suddenly Maple gasped as she knew exactly where he was. It suddenly dawned upon her that she had left the window wide open to her bedroom. But surely he was too thick to even get through! Maple wasn't about to chance it!

Racing like the wind to get to the room... it was too late. As she opened that door, Uncle Jeffy had somehow managed to crawl through that small window and rolled onto her bed!

"Noooo!" Maple growled upon seeing he had made his way in.

Trying to slam her bedroom door shut leaving Uncle Jeffy in that room, she raced off to get to the front door in her fluffy bunny slippers, that Leslie Anne had gifted her with. Kicking them off, because they were now slowing her down, she tried to get up and out of that once serene backyard cabin. But unfortunately for her, it would do no good. Why? Cause her Uncle had managed to barricade the front door locked! Just like he did all them years back as he once did with his truck on Mrs. Crowder's property... You remember the story of the faux brooch right?

Maple growled in ire and frustration as she tried with all her might to open that door. But it was to no avail... Uncle Jeffy was far too clever. But Maple was just as determined as her uncle as she tried to open the living room windows. But Uncle Jeffy somehow managed to rig that shut on the outside too.