The Whereabouts pt 1

"I know where Tator is..."

Those words... those are the exact words that Uncle Jeffy had just said to Maple sitting on that sofa. Yep you heard correctly! Someone knew of Tator's whereabouts. And of all people... Uncle Jeffy!

Now how did he know, when Mrs. Crowder couldn't even track him down herself? And she was his kin! Not even his parents, siblings, or ex coworkers knew of his location. It was like Tator had left the face of the earth! Well Ponchas and the hundred and five counties around!

I mean Mrs. Lexington obviously knew. But she, as you know, she was and still is the queen of secrecy... And she wasn't about to divulge that information to anyone. Anyone, with the exception of Uncle Jeffy...

Yep, I said what I said.. She told uncle Jeffy, herself...

Why? What do you mean why? For several reasons! For one, she wanted to make things right with Olivia and her family. And two, she knew of Tator's once upon a time, affections for Maple. And three... she knew just how stubborn he was. If he wanted to stay hidden, it was like looking for a needle in the haystack. No one was gonna find him. Not even with a fine tooth comb... And four, she didn't know how much longer she had to be on God's precious earth, to soon walk the streets of gold with Hal, by her side... She was after all less than a few years from being a century old. Nonetheless, her intentions were to live till the mark of a hundred and twenty. But she wasn't about to take any chances. Just in case, she wanted someone else to know. If something ever happened to her that is...

So one day in Orange Haven, while she was out and about, with one of her most loyal and most caring servant's, she had them take her to Uncle Jeffy's location. And to his surprise, she nonchalantly disclosed his whereabouts without saying Tator's specific details or locations, to none other than uncle Jeffy himself. And what Uncle Jeffy did with that information? Why she left that up to him. She and Uncle Jeffy had something very similar in common. They both kept their promises on secrets. But were still smart enough to give out hints. When it was a secret that really shouldn't be a secret that is...

Sometimes those are the ones that should never be hidden... But to each their own...

And uncle Jeffy kept his hands clean and clear of that information to anyone. Especially Maple... Until now....

"Get out!" Maple demanded jumping up in ire! "Give me back my chips and get ta steppin!" She hissed.

Uncle Jeffy just looked up at her and leaned back and outstretched with his jeans on the sofa, just as comfortable as can be, as he plopped his work boots up on her polished coffee table from his Mama, Grandma Hastings.

Looking at her with an expression of derision, he just deeply sighed as he took a chip from the bag and started to eat them one by one...

"I mean it this time, Uncle Jeffy! Naw get!" She ranted pointing to the front door.

Uncle Jeffy, stayed leaning back, with the always cool, calm and collected headed expression, as he looked away from Maple. With a smirk he looked right at the stuffy, Mr. Bagabones, as if he were real and could understand. With an exasperating sigh he said...

"You see how she talks to her, Unc, Mr. Bagabones? Naw ain't that some em?" He smirked.

Maple looked at him like he had lost his mind...

"Uncle Jeffy..."

"Madge... befoe you throw another hissy, you need to set yo fannie hide down and listen to yo uncle..."

"Why? So you kin tell me, he's somewhere like Antarctica? Or, or... I need to go down river and chase him?" She sarcastically replied. "Well foe yo information dear uncle, I went to the town of Early months ago. And no one... not even Mrs. Crowder knew where he was located! And yes, I asked her! She did after all owe me. But she knew diddly squat! So whut makes you any different? Sides, I'm over him... and I could care less where he is nowadays." Maple scowled.