Inner Secrets pt 2

Maple felt as if her mama finally broke the straw on the camel's back!

"But I wasn't anywhere near engaged!" Maple hollered leaping off the the bed astonished! "You knew darn well, I wasn't tied down to no one! In fact, I rejected Andrew's first proposal!"

"But he didn't know that." Mama Woods confessed. "Not officially. Cause when I said it, it was like he heard it before."

"Cause I said it out of context! When I was upset!" Maple sobbed! "And I was gone tell him that! But I... I never got round to it. But I didn't mean it mumma. I was mad at his Nana. Not him! She tried to blackmail me over you! Plus I was confused!"

"And I ain't sayin two lefts make a right hun-nay. But I was mad at his Nana too when I said it." Mama Woods admitted.

"Oh mumma... how could you?" Maple angrily said.

"I know you can't understand this right now, but a mumma will do anythang to protect her child."

"But I am not a child! And I sure as heck, wasn't one back then!" Maple hissed! "Tator would have never have hurt me!"

"You're my child! And you don't know that for sure. Sides, his family had already done more than enough! In my eyes at least!"

"So you judged him based on his family? I take it Mrs. Crowder was the front runner..." Maple scowled. "Oh mumma, how could you?"

"Please stop sayin that!"

"Stop sayin whut?"

"How could you?" Mama Woods pouted.

"Well mumma.. how could you?" Maple fussed!

"Maple hun-nay, don't call the kettle black! Cause you did the same thang in tellin him you were engaged!"

"But I didn't mean it! And you did!" Maple huffed! "I had every intention of tellin him otherwise. But you jest made matters worse!"

"I'm sorry."

"Are you?"

"Yes!" Mama Woods cried out! "Maple you have to believe I am. It tore me up on the inside!" Mama Woods declared!

"For six years, I guess it would." Maple frowned. "I guess this is the week of confessions!" Maple exclaimed ranting looking up at the ceiling! "Hold everythang from Maple! Tell her three to six years later! Maybe she won't be in such ire! Or pain!" She woefully expressed.

"Maple, you know that's whut I wasn't tryin ta do." Mama Woods apologetically expressed.

"No... you were jest tryin to hide the truth from me."

"I thought I was right in my actions." Mama Woods cried.

"And when were you goin to tell me?"

Mama Woods turned away.

"Ha! There's my answer." Maple said wiping the tears from her eyes. "Why is everyone lyin to me?" She cried! "Am I that stupid? Gullible and cruel for all to keep inner secrets from me?"

"No Maple." Mama Woods remorsefully said. "Baby... the last thang I eva wonted was to hurt you."

"So everyone keeps sayin," She laughed cried.

"Who is everyone?"

"It doesn't matter." Maple hissed.

In that moment, Maple started to stomp off from the room.

"Oh no you don't!" Mama Woods said racing up and successfully blocking the door. "We are not through!" She firmly exclaimed! "Now you tried to stop me from leavin. It's my turn now."