V18 - Chapter 213 Planning

"With the new materials that have been discovered on Uros, the United States Geological Survey(USGS) announced a new rare earth element called Aradium - a crystal element - that was discovered in the Elies Region and Elbe Fiefdom. The new element has been labeled to be in the Transition Metal group of the periodic table, having an atomic number of 126.

The Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE) has proposed the Aradium crystal that showed the properties of a room-temperature superconductor. For decades, scientists have tried to create a holy grail of electricity conduction to revolutionize energy generation. One of the key limitations with current energy technology is that the current materials that we use cannot handle the next generation of energy generation. Either new materials needed to be invented or found to help birth an energy revolution.

Assuming the Aradium crystal lives up to expectations, dozens of corporations have pledged to invest funds for research on applying and creating technology around this new rare-earth element. A trust, led by Elon Musk and his newly formed 'Time to get Jolted' company planned to create, manufacture, and install the new superconductor by 2034. If successful, it would save homeowners and businesses 30%-40% in energy bills.

Another economic area of opportunity for the Aradium crystal could be used as a large battery and battery energy storage units. Prospects for Aradium into a battery, they believe it should increase the energy capacity by 20% than current generation batteries - however, some experts warn about the increased weight of the technology. Some say that this could make the electric car from a novelty to a real clean-energy alternative. Current issues with eclectic vehicles is that the mining and refining the batteries for the vehicles are as dirty as using a fossil-fuel vehicle. In addition, most electric car owners still use fossil-fuel energy sources to recharge the vehicle, making the intent of going green mute.

The real prospect is the element being used in battery energy storage. Energy storage is considered the next frontier of energy technology and many are seeing this as the door to open that frontier. Humans know how to create energy as we have been doing in the caveman days. The issue has always been in putting that energy into reserve to be used later. While billions of dollars have been poured into the technology, the technology is still immature because of the lack of proper materials.

As part of the current wartime agreements, the US has given Japan and Europe both Aradium and Adamantinum elements for their own research. Unlike the US where air travel is the primary long distance travel both Europe and Japan rely heavily on train travel. Both places see both elements as new materials to help transform the rail industry. During the bullet-train era in rail history, it was believed that these trains would be cheaper, faster, and more efficient than older designs. While faster, the cost of such trains proved to outweigh any benefit of such trains as over 95% of all bullet-trains operate at a loss world-wide without major government subsidies. With development, they hope to change this fact and make the next generation of train travel live up to expectations." - The Lotus Eaters

***

--- Villa, Directorate Palace, Rondel ---

Date: June 14th, 2026

Shocked to see the head of Imperial forces in Rondel walked into their room unopposed, Sharpe grabbed his sidearm. His Delta buddies were outside so he wondered if they were dead, making Sharpe wary of his abilities. The Girls and Rangers grabbed their weapons for battle. Pina and her knights drew daggers and swords for battle.

"Hold on," Cato said, appearing from behind Opoctia.

The next moment was a horrific sight as Opoctia grabbed his neck and ripped his face off, holding it in his hand. A new face appeared, underneath the mask. "I am Agent Cory Banks of the CIA, Special Activities Center. None of you have anything to fear, we're on the same side."