V14 - Chapter 172

"A scientific conference has been held in the last few days in Copenhagen, Denmark to discuss the possibility of magic as a new form of advancement alongside conventional science and technology.

According to the reports by top scientists and researchers from Harvard and Princeton University in collaboration with American's very first wizard, Lelei La Lalena, magic works based on the principle similar to classical philosophy of the Aether, which indicates the dimensions which are beyond the third dimension.

The reports indicate that magic uses the energy called mana to open a doorway to the fourth, fifth or sixth dimensions to let the force from these dimensions bend the laws of physics in the third dimension. This clearly shows why magic enables mages and other magical races like Elves to perform impossible feats such as creating fire out of thin air or generating electricity without any battery.

Many scientists advocate for huge investment in researching magic to greatly advance technology and help humans understand more about the force of the universe. They also speculate that magic will create a huge leap in a way we understand and conduct science. However, there is also a lingering fear of what magic can do in warfare. The Imperial force already showed us how lethal combat magic is in combat which has resulted in many NATO casualties. The most effective Imperial uses of magic in this war have been spells which cause severe burns which are difficult to counter with body armor, as well as ones that create storms which prevent aircraft from entering the area. However, the most worrying fact is that it has been proven that scientific principles like physics or chemistry can make magic incredibly destructive. It is rumored that Lelei La Lalena has perfected a spell that can punch through tungsten easily, like a hot knife to butter using the principle of kinetic acceleration.

In other news, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay just introduced his new menu consisting of Manuga steak, roasted Manuga and Manuga stew made from Manuga, an animal native to Uros, that is raised as cattle to get meat and milk. According to him, it tastes better than both beef and lambs combined and the best part is that it has low fat content. Manuga products and many native products export has been restricted by NATO for quite some time during the beginning of the war but after NATO took over of Elias region and getting more towns and cities on their side, trade restrictions between Uros and Earth have been loosen off - Jessica Moore, SCNR

***

--- Fort Minich, Sharpe Quarters, Lelei Room ---

April 2nd, 2026

Lelei is on her computer, typing.

She is working on a letter to her master, Cato. She has been writing letters to him since she first arrived at Alnus, telling him stories, her new friends, what and who the Americans are. About all the other countries like the United Kingdom, France, Japan, Canada, and the rest. She also has written about everything she has learned and the new spells she has been learning and inventing.

Of course, she is leaving out information that would hurt Vanguard-7 and the Other Worlders. She is careful not to explain how her new spells work, the knowledge she has learned, and such. She knows the people she is working for trusted her with this knowledge and she does not want to abuse it.

She finds it hard sometimes because most of the knowledge like gravity, electricity and sonic waves are so basic for the Other Worlders, however the concept is so foreign for the people on this world she struggles where the line is at times.

Every few weeks she writes a letter to Cato after a major event happens, like fighting a wraith. She thinks it is important for the Rondel Academic Council to know what she learned from Lord Valker of Darlko. She got Sharpe's permission to do so, seeing the importance of this information.