V15 - Chapter 184 Earth Mages

"After signing the new Falmart Economic Trade Agreement (FETA), the establishment of the Falmart Investment Fund, access to the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, the big winners of the current are farming and other labor equipment.

As part of the treaty, all signatures from Uros agree to a goal to abolish the institution of slaver no later than five years. This is to allow time to transition each country and city-state to implement the policy. The treaty also lays down regulations on labor laws, that all companies must employ natives and establish charter schools, trade schools, and other educational opportunities to give the technical knowledge they need for the modern era.

As part of the Abolishment movement, farming and labor equipment has been given low interest and subsidy loans to help transform the native economy into a more industrialized and merchant-style economy.

Italica, Valtris, and Alter agreed to the SpaceX Starlink program to provide Internet to these three cities. The goal with these Internet Markets is to allow farmers and other merchants to sell their goods faster and easier.

After signing the US-Elbe Defense Treaty, the Elbe Fiefdom signed seven defense contracts. Many of the other City-States like Italica and Valtras signed smaller defense deals to help shore up their defenses.

With the expectations that the treaty would be signed, for the last six months defense companies have been developing exportable weapons or versions of the current fleet of equipment that can be used by Elbe and other nations and City-States.

In the light terrain vehicle competition, Polish DZT Tymińscy company proposed the Tarpan Honker, the main contender American Growler is proposing their M1161 Growler and the GM Defense Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV) or the British Land Rover Wolf design. The contact states Elbe will buy twenty vehicles with an option to buy twenty more later.

In a surprise bid, King Duran stated he wants to transform his Wyvern and Dragon Corp into a NATO style Air Force. While funding is still being sorted out, there are two contenders for this new contract. Because of the lack of experience with modern aircraft it was decided to sell turboprop light attack aircraft. The only remaining company that makes military is the Brizalian Embraer Defense and Security/Sierra Nevada Corporation in their Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano. Textron Aviation submitted their AT-6B Wolverine design, a combat version of the well known trainer aircraft.

However Boeing made a shocking announcement that shook up the aviation competition. The announced plans to start production on three designs with three more in development. For the possible emerging civilian air travel Boeing said they will bring back the famous Boeing 247 and Douglas DC-2 passenger planes. For the emerging military, Boeing announced they will be introducing two versions of the famous WW2-era aircraft, the P-51 Mustang, the F/A-51A Air superiority and the A-51B Close air support. Boeing said they were planning on pitching the aircraft for the war against the Empire and sees Elbe and other low tech nations as future customers.

By law Congress has placed limits and bans on certain offensive weapons until better regulations and control management can be established like firearms. The main reason is that some members of Congress are afraid that small scale weapons like firearms and explosives might be used against US and NATO forces.

According to the FETA, all companies are required to employ native employees to train a local base and fund trade schools. Every company will establish training centers.

Most of the commercial and military contacts are small, barely enough to be considered profitable however most companies see this as whoever gets a foothold into the new market will be rewarded in the future with larger contracts as the Falmart economy adjusts and grows. It is a rush to see who will become the dominant player within their market.