V18 - Chapter 209 The Gates of Rondel

"During the continuation of the Congress-Rebel Senators hearings, a large number of families who have had family members killed during the Philadelphia Invasion appeared online and on television to express their opinions.

One angry father stated, "We're literally fighting against an enemy so primitive that they're literally fighting against our tanks with spears and arrows! Both my sons fucking died against this enemy! I say something must be done about this! Just kill them and get it over with."

A mother stated, "We should not be working with the people who attacked us. Why do I care if there are different factions in this Empire? They are all monsters. The government should kill them all.

Other families have been thankful for the help of allied natives in bringing back family members that were taken during the invasion. It was an Imperial traitor who helped the US Rangers found five prisoners last year. A recent rescue with about one hundred Special Forces from US, Brazil, France, Japan, and Canada attacked what is called a Haryo Facility, rescuing twenty-three prisoners from three nations.

According to the Pentagon's insiders, this is the second rescue on a Haryo Facility, rescuing an unknown number of prisoners. The insider stated that everyone is being sent to an undisclosed medical facility to help with their recovery.

Many of the families are still upset that their family members have not been found. After the First Raid of Sadera, only four other prisoners were found as the war progressed. Princess Pina stated that many were spread across the Empire as gifts to their loyal subjects, a taste of what treasures lay across the Gate.

If the two rescue missions are true, then the number of people freed by the Empire has reached about sixty-four. While no one knows how many were taken, experts believe around one hundred and ten were taken.

However, Congressman Lane Moore of New Hampshire has stated that "allying with locals like the rebel Senators and Princess Pina is NATO's best way to find more camps where the rest of our people are. They know that world, and they have the contacts to find them."

A stranger PETA spin-off species rights group came to the capital to express their opinion. After talking to one of their members they stated they are protesting the government extermination policy against races like goblins, trolls, ogres, and others. They stated that they don't believe those races are as evil as the government says and open arms should be given to these other races.

When asked about the goblin's rapist traits as their only means to reproduce, a member simply replied "It was just a cultural misunderstanding and that Americans should learn culture tolerances. That we should show love, not war, then these differences should be understood and they would learn the errors of their ways.

We'll keep you informed for further updates." - Timcast

***

--- Rondel ---

Date: June 12th, 2026

The convoy had stopped in front of a marvelous structure. Looking up, Sharpe saw two tall and beautiful statues of a man and a woman, handing hands and pointing to the large metal gate. "Not bad."

"Not bad?" Lelei said, annoyed. "The man to the left is Elange, God of Knowledge, Retaining, and Understanding. The woman is La or Ra, the Goddess of Learning, Memory, and Absorption."

"I know I know!" Sharpe replied. "Three thousand years ago, both gods blessed this city. Besides having a Temple like Hardy, Emroy, and Idos, they choose to have a city for knowledge and learning. The only two gods to ever exempt themselves from a major temple to live in and to work together."