V17 - Chapter 208

"The Pro-Peace Imperial Senators had a public hearing with the Uros Committee as Congress, and the White House got a better idea who these rebel leaders are. The hearing lasted for about ninety-seven minutes out of three hours.

The Rebel Imperial Senators went into detail on how the Imperial System worked and why so many Independent Kingdoms are siding with the Empire and the League. They explained how certain regions got economic benefits for pleading loyalty to the Empire while other Kingdoms require alliances with the Empire as it guarantees trade protections. An Earth example is the British Empire Naval power in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries or the US protecting the sea lanes today. This allowed many kingdoms and regions to maintain strong influence and status throughout the Empire - which if the Empire fell everything that have gained would be lost.

The conversation then went into who regions and Kingdoms NATO could pouch to help undermine the League. This caused some tension between the two groups as the Imperial Rebels did not enjoy being part of a conversation about slicing up their homeland. On the other hand, the Senate was trying to decide how much support they should give to these rebels, which would significantly impact Princess Pina's Revolution against the Empire.

Senator Alexander Saunders of Pennsylvania blew up on the Imperial Senators when the Empire attacked the city of Philadelphia. He stated that these rebels should be placed under arrest for war crimes and sent to the Mansfield Military Prison Camp in Ohio, a facility nicknamed Guantanamo Bay 2.0. Outside of the attack, he expressed anger at how little these rebel leaders have helped find the remaining prisoners taken from the attack. He even brought up the recent rescue operation from the Haryo Tribe facility, where Americans were treated like lab rats and that the majority of them will need a lifelong recovery. To many surprise, Alexander used Pina to show that she has done more than all these Senators combined.

Imperial Senator Gnaeus Dussie responded by saying that expansion is needed to grow the Empire. The legend of the Gate is well known by the nobles, scholars, and sages of Falmart, which tells that many of the races came from other worlds. The deceased Emperor Molt Sol Augustus said that for the Empire to continue to be great, to maintain its honor and build a grand Empire, they must find these other worlds and expand their civilization. The reason for this is that while the Empire is the master of land warfare, developing through sea has proven problematic as the Avion Confederacy and other Naval powers on different continents provided too much resistance.

After a short but tense conversation on the matter, Senator Saunders proposed that the delegation should apologize for the attack, stating how both people could have mutual respect if the aggressor side does not pay in some way. Imperial Senator Dussie responded by saying that he agrees for an alliance against the Falmart League; however, he refused to apologize for the attack and loudly stated he would not apologize for the death of some peasants. The refusal to apologize by the rebel Senators and their disregard of the atrocities happened during the attacks derailed the hearing as a shouting match between US and Imperial Senators.

Imperial Senator Casel El Tiberius was quick to add that not all Senators supported this move in an attempt to end the argument. However, it was in vain. The Secret Service was forced to intervene and remove Senators Dussie and Aebutus.

The hearing was not a complete failure. Senator Tiberius stated he and the other Senators would support Princess Piña Co Lada's new ideals about retaking the Empire and reforming it back to a Republic. He was clear that the current Imperial order no longer has a role in today's politics, helping remove any similarities between the Empire and this rebel group. In return, they will help with pulling Independent Kingdoms and Regions away from the League and towards the side of NATO – and assisting in the search for any remaining captured prisoners/slaves." – Alnus Liberty News.