Chapter 15

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I could only stare numbly in the direction Haku had gone, knowing he was standing in between Kakashi and Zabuza. That lightning attack had hit him head-on.

"Za... bu... za.... Imotou... Ayu-chan..." Haku manages to breathe before falling still.

"So, my future's all used up, huh?!" Zabuza laughs. "Wrong again, Kakashi!"

Naruto gazes around frantically as he asks, "H-Hey! Where'd he go? Hey, the fog's lifting!"

I was getting annoyed by this mist so I slap my palms together in the Snake hand sign and chant, "Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!" I then cup my left hand around my mouth and emit a great gust of air, bigger than my smaller Gentle Gust Jutsu, that blows away the mist.

Naruto, Sakura and Tazuna cry out in surprise, with the pinkette and Tazuna throwing their arms up to shield their faces as their clothes toss violently in the wind.

Tazuna cries out, "Where'd that blasted wind cone from?!"

Kilala says, bracing herself, "It's Ayumi-sama!"

When the wind dies down, the mist has vanished and everyone is staring at me. But I could only stare at Haku, between the two Jounin while gripping Kakashi's wrist. The silverette has Haku's blood splattered on his face, as does Zabuza.

Naruto gasps from beside me, "Is that him?!"

Naruto and I rush forward only to stop, gazing with wide eyes. Kakashi continues to stare at me with that stunned expression, most likely thinking I'm going to hate him for having killed Haku. But, I don't hate Kakashi, because I knew, somehow I just knew that, since we were fighting Zabuza and Haku, Haku would end up doing something like this...

I just refused to believe it till now.

Naruto stutters, "I don't get it... what the heck's going on here?"

There was blood all over Haku's face and on the ground, his eyes still open. Tazuna asks, "Isn't that... the boy in the mask?"

"Haku-nii... he threw himself in front of Kakashi's attack," I say quietly, my hands to my mouth as tears leak down my cheeks.

Kakashi looks back at Zabuza with narrowed eyes as he says, "He saved your worthless life at the cost of his own."

Zabuza chuckles, "Well done, Haku!" He gives a cry of exertion as he grips his sword hilt.

My eyes grow so wide they hurt as I realise Zabuza would cleave his sword right through Haku just to kill Kakashi.

"I knew I'd found a treasure when I found you, boy! You'd not only given me my life, but Kakashi's as well!"

Kakashi couldn't seem to pull his hand back. My bangs shadow my eyes as Zabuza's sword comes down on Haku.

"Kakashi Sensei, no!" Sakura exclaims fearfully.