Chapter 17

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I take my time getting to the bridge for my team's meet up a couple of days later, in my black and pink cherry blossom kimono outfit, along with a pair of diamond earrings Sakura had gotten me for my birthday this year, as it's been seven months since the Land of Waves mission.

Before Kakashi had left my room that night, I'd asked him about the red chakra from the bridge. He'd told me it's the Nine Tail's chakra, a beast that had attacked Konoha twelve years ago.

I never imagined Naruto would have such a power within him.

When I'd told Kakashi how Naruto had stopped while transformed when I'd called to him and begged Naruto to stop, he'd looked right at me, and had appeared to be struggling with himself. He would've transformed back had Haku not attacked and provoked Naruto just then.

This shocks Kakashi because the only thing that can control a Jinchuuriki, which is what Naruto is, is the Sharingan. Neither Kakashi nor I understood it at first, and he'd told the Hokage all this yesterday morning.

I was going to protect Naruto from now on, especially since the reason for all those hateful glares and whisperings about Naruto make sense now.

If anyone were to harm Naruto, I would tear the whole world apart with my bare hands if I must.

Hiruzen had offered to let me live in my own house, since he trusts me now, and I'm not a threat to his village, but I decided to decline it. I wanted to stay with Kakashi, who'd seemed more than happy at my answer. Hiruzen had agreed, and I'm still living with Kakashi, though his mission to gather info on me has ended, but he'd gained a new mission to protect me.

I didn't really mind.

So, by now, people know I live with Kakashi Hatake.

I'd also just recently celebrated my birthday for the first time in forever, with Kakashi, Hinata, Kiba and my teammates.

Kakashi had gotten me a few slightly smutty romance novels, though nowhere near his level, Sakura had gotten me a new pink long sleeved kimono and diamond earrings, which I'm wearing right now, Naruto had gotten me a big box of chocolates, Hinata had gotten me a recipe book—knowing how much I love cooking—, Kiba had gotten me a couple of fantasy books, and Sasuke had gotten me two kittens for my birthday.

One of the kittens is silvery with black stripes named Gina, a female, the second being a white male kitten with amber eyes named Shiro.

I was lost in thought that I didn't realise where I was going until a familiar voice calls me, "Hey! Ayu-chan!"

I look up only for my face to be met with a low hanging sign, causing my body to go rigid. My body shudders before I peel off slowly and start to fall backwards.

However, before I could hit the ground, a pair of arms catch me. "Ayu-chan, are you okay?" I blink through my blurry vision to see Kiba Inuzuka gazing down at me in worry.