Chapter 21

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"First! You candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound! Knock it off! Who told you you could fight?" Ibiki thunders, pointing at the three Genin. "Do you wanna be failed before we've even begun?!"

"Sorry. It's our first time," Says hunchback. "Guess we're a little jumpy... Sir."

Ibiki smirks. He says, "I'll say this once, so listen up! There will be no combat between candidates, no attacking each other without the permission of your Proctor. And, even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited! Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately, got it?"

The dark haired male Sound nin scoffs, "Heh! "No fatal force?" That's n fun."

The Chunin with Ibiki chuckle.

Ibiki then says, his gaze finding the broken door, "Hang on. What the hell happened to the doors? Who wrecked them?"

Everyone except Gaara sweat drops as they remember my outburst and all eyes turn on me. Ibiki's and the Chunin follow their gazes once they realise where everyone was staring. The Proctor narrows his eyes sharply at me as I rub the back of my head and say sheepishly, "O-Oh, uhm... th-that was my fault! I'm so sorry, Sir! I guess I overdid it a little... hehehe..."

My friends sweat drop, and Naruto gives a larger one, as Sakura mutters ""A little...?"

Ino adds, putting her hands on her hips, "It was more like overkill! I'm surprised you didn't blow the doors right off their hinges."

I give a large sweat drop myself at that, chuckling sheepishly once more.

"The famous assassin, huh. I'll have that door fixed after the exam," Says Ibiki, "Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin Exams. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number." Ibiki holds up a card with the number 1 to show us. "This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the Written Test once you're all seated."

"The what...?" Naruto trails off, still crouching by Kabuto. "Did he say... "Written...?!" Sakura, Kabuto and I glance at him as a dark haired Chunin holds up a stack of papers, causing them to crinkle. Even the sound alone was enough to make Naruto cry out in fear. "NOOO!! NOT A WRITTEN TEST! NO WAY!!"

                       🗡🗡🗡

After we got our numbers, we each take our seats. The Chunin sentinels are seated around the room, each with a clipboard in hand. It just so happens that I got to sit next to Gaara, with me being number 99.

 It just so happens that I got to sit next to Gaara, with me being number 99

I feel the redhead staring at me and glance at him. I don't flinch from his dead stare, but instead, I send him a ghost of a smile, which seems to surprise Gaara; like no one's ever smiles at him before.