Chapter 67

Ayumi's P. O. V:

When we'd gotten back, Izumo and Kotetsu had been shocked to learn most of my family was alive and that I've become their Princess again.

After the Jounin had given Tsunade-sama their report, Kakashi found me just getting Setsuna settled in and tells me the Hokage wishes to see me.

Thinking it might be about having killed the client, I nod and head for the office. Upon reaching the door, I knock and Tsunade calls for me to enter.

I shut the door behind me as I go up to the Hokage. "You wished to see me, Tsunade-sama?"

"Yes. I heard from Kakashi how you murdered the client..." Tsunade's caramel brown eyes glint with anger.

"If you want to throw me in jail, then do be it—" I begin to protest but she holds up a hand, halting me.

"I didn't ask you to come here to discuss that. Kakashi also tells me that your father, the Chief of the Land of Diamonds, has requested an alliance with us." A smile tugs at her lips. "Well, I accept."

I blink my eyes in surprise as I utter, "Huh? You do?"

Tsunade nods her head as she replies, "Indeed. Your clan would make a great ally to the Hidden Leaf Village."

I grin as I say, "That's great, Tsunade-sama!"

"I'll write to your father straight away. I've also heard you've encountered the Akatsuki before, correct?"

"Yes—when I was with Raiden."

"I wish I could send you undercover to their organisation to spy on them, and gather information, but you'd be too recognisable. You may be just a child, Ayumi, but you're a child with remarkable abilities and a big reputation. You'd be recognised instantly. So I want you to tell me everything you know about the Akatsuki from your past encounters."

"Ok... well, I've had plenty of encounters with Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki. You know enough about them already. I sometimes encountered a man named Hidan, who's a Jashinist. I don't know what that is but it sounds creepy. I never got to see the full extent of his abilities. His partner is Kakuzu. He's obsessed with money. I don't know any of his abilities either. I did steal his money be time and he totally freaked out about it. Ehehe..."

Tsunade and Shizune sweat drop, the ravenette writing down on her clipboard.

"Raiden let me keep the money. Anyway, I met two others named Deidera, of the Hidden Stone, who uses clay ninjutsu and has mouths on his hands." I grimace at the memory. "His partner is a strange one. He's a puppeteer but I've no idea what he really looks like. That's it. I've never encountered their leader so I know nothing about him," I finish.

"Thank you, Ayumi. This information will help a lot. I also heard you don't mind being called Princess again?" Tsunade says, smiling.

"Nope," I reply, popping the p.

"Well, it's great to have you back, Ayumi. We'll resume your medical training tomorrow, after your day with your team," Tsunade tells me.

"Ok! I'll train until I drop!" I chime, causing Shizune to sweat drop slightly.

"That's a bit much, don't you think?"

"Maybe?" I utter with a shrug.

"You're dismissed, Ayumi. Welcome back home," Tsunade says as I head for the window as it's easier than taking the stairs.

"Thanks, Tsunade-sama!" I then leap through the window to find Kiba and hangout with him for the rest of the day.

🗡🗡🗡