Chapter 22

Ayumi's P. O. V:

All the Genin meet up at the designated sight for the second exam the next morning. We stand before a forest with a high fence surrounding it. The fence has locks and signs that reads "Keep out!" on it.

Today, I'd brought a weapons pouch but it only has the necessary supplies, though nothing weapon related in it.

Kakashi had asked me what the fuss with Naruto was about yesterday, before the exam started, and I'd just told him that Naruto had hit me in the face when he'd challenged all the other Genin and knocked me on the floor. So I'd returned the favour.

Kakashi had looked exaggerated as he shook his head.

He'd been insistent on pulling me out when I told him Orochimaru has infiltrated the Chunin Exams, but eventually relented when I told him Hiruzen had given me permission to continue the exams. I just have to alert him or the Jounin should my encounter with Orochimaru go down south, and I couldn't protect my teammates.

But I will—no matter what.

Naruto asks as we gaze at it, "Whoa! Nice place! What is it?"

Chunin sit in booths as Anko stands before us and responds, a hand on her hip, "This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th battle training ground. But we call it... The Forest of Death."

Naruto echoes as an eerie wind blows through us, tossing our hair and clothes, "The Forest of... Death...?"

🗡🗡🗡

Suddenly, Naruto begins getting chased by a strange square shaped rock that just keeps following him around.

Until Naruto stops so suddenly, causing the fake rock to do so, and he declares, pointing at it, "That's the worst disguise of all time!! There's no such thing as square rocks! It's completely obvious!"

Naruto had made the mistake of announcing that our show (my story) is on at 7: 00, when really, it was supposed to be 7: 27. So now we have to stall everyone while Kakashi gets the video.

I'd suggested to sing to stall and pass the time while Kakashi had suggested some sort of dance, but he was saving it for the next episode.

"You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick, Boss! Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival!" Says a young boy's voice. Then, the fake rock explodes, revealing a coughing Konohamaru and his two teammates from last week. As the smoke clears, Konohamaru says, "I think we used too much gunpowder, you guys!"

They look up in surprise to see Naruto, staring at them with a dumbstruck expression.

The girl with auburn hair introduces, "I'm Moegi! The sassiest kunoichi in preschool!" She strikes a pose. "Check me out!"

"I love algebra!! Call me Udon!" The boy with the light brown hair says as he also strikes a pose.

"And I'm the number 1 ninja in the village, Konohamaru!" He says, a fist on his hip while holding up the other. "And, when we're altogether..."

"... We're the Konohamaru Ninja Squad!" The three of them chime together, striking poses.

Naruto says flippantly, hands folded behind his head, "Yeah, I knew it was you guys the whole time. What do you losers want? I'm getting ready to take the second phase of the Chunin Exam, and you're interrupting me. I don't have any time to be playing around with you guys now."

Konohamaru replies, "We didn't come to play around, Boss! We're on official business!"

"Yeah, that's right! We came here for an exclusive interview," Says Moegi.