Chapter 42

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I stare with sparkling eyes as Naruto runs around the arena, blowing kisses to the crowd as they cheer for him.

He'd won! As I knew he would!

Naruto had beaten Neji by sucker punching him in the jaw after hiding himself in a hole, while his clone lied on the ground after having taken a hit from the Hyuga.

Neji had explained the whole thing about the Curse Mark Jutsu created by his clan as he'd taken off his headband, revealing an x in between two wavy lines.

It was incredible to watch, and everyone was stunned when Naruto won.

Shikamaru groans, "Naruto defeated Neji? Awe man! I can't believe it! And I thought Naruto was the same as me, one of the dorky and uncool guys."

Shino glances at him and mutters, ""Dorky and uncool?""

"Now everyone's saying that he's going to make something big of himself. Just great! I don't I could beat him now. This is really bad! I've never felt so depressed. What a drag!"

As he hangs his head, I pat Shikamaru on his back comfortingly.

"Even a caged bird will smarten up and figure out how to open the door to its cage with its beak," Genma was saying to the Hyuga who is now on a stretcher. A pause. "The dream of flying and breaking free is too great to resist. But this time, you lost."

Naruto laughs joyously as he runs back up to the balcony while the medics carry Neji away.

When Naruto comes back, I hug him tightly. "You did it, Naruto-kun. I always had faith in you."

Naruto seems surprised before he giggles and hugs me back. "Thanks, Ayumi-chan. It really means a lot, coming from you." We pull back and exchange words with Shikamaru.

The crowd cheers for the next match.

"Hey? What's going on here?! Hurry up and start the next match!"

"Come on! Let's go!"

"Sometime before night falls!!"

Genma scowls at that.

I wonder aloud, my hands on my hips, "That Sasuke... what in the world does he think he's doing?! Sasuke couldn't be thinking of forfeiting! And where the hell is Kakashi?!"

Shino states, "A wise man never quits danger, leading to a wise decision."

Naruto asks, leaning his arms on the railing, "Huh? What are you talking about? He's definitely going to be here, believe it!"

Naruto and I glance towards Gaara, the Uzumaki glaring as Gaara meets our gazes.

I hear Kankuro mutter to Temari, "What are we gonna do now? If he doesn't show up, our strategy is ruined!"

Temari hisses back, "This is really bad!"

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Come on! Give us a fight!"

"Boo!!"

A brown haired, brown eyed Chunin with a scar on the left side of his face appears before Genma and they exchange words. Genma nods his head in understanding before the second Chunin poofs away.