Chapter 54

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I feel my eyes opening sometime later and still feel Kiba's arms wrapped securely around my slim waist.

"How do you feel?" The brunette asks.

"Better. That's the best sleep I've had in awhile—longer, actually. I can't really remember the last time I slept that well," I answer. I snuggle further into my boyfriend and bury my face in his chest, inhaling Kiba's scent.

Kiba chuckles softly as he strokes my hair. "Good. I'm glad."

"How long did I sleep for?" I ask.

"Not that long. A few hours."

"Oh."

We remain in each other's arms as I doze slightly off to the feeling of Kiba stroking my hair. His touch is soothing. I guess I feel safe enough around my boyfriend to allow my body to sleep peacefully.

I soon pull back and gaze at Kiba's face. I lean forward and kiss his cheek, saying, "Thank you, Kiba-kun."

"Anytime, Yumi-chan."

Kiba caresses my cheek and I relax into his touch. He then leans in and softly kisses my lips, which I return. Our kisses turn deeper the more we continue, and Kiba's thumb caresses my cheek, creating sparks.

Kiba and I soon pull back for air and gaze into each other's eyes. Kiba murmurs, "I love you, Yumi-chan."

I smile and caress his cheek as I say, "I love you too, Kiba-kun."

We kiss a few more times before we hear a pounding at the door, causing us to freeze. "Kiba! Ayumi! Wake up! You're needed at the Hokage's office right now!" Tsume's harsh voice shouts through the wood, causing me to pout and Kiba to scowl at the interruption.

"Right now?!" He calls back.

"Yes, right now! Now, get up and get going," Tsume snaps baxk, causing me to giggle a little.

Kiba scowls again and looks back at me as Tsume's footsteps recede. "Looks like we have to leave. I hate that we have to stop now."

"Maybe we can continue when we're done?" I suggest, my hand on Kiba's chest, his breath hitching a little.

"You bet," He says with a devilish smirk. Kiba kisses my lips once more before we both reluctantly get out of bed and grab our shoes. Akamaru jumps back into Kiba's jacket before we make our way to Tsunade's office, hands clasped together.

We soon reach the top floor and I knock on the door to Tsunade's office. "Enter!" She calls. We step inside only to blink in surprise at the sight of Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Choji, Ino, Shikamaru, Hinata, Shino, Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai, who turn their heads to us.

Shizune stands beside Tsunade's desk, Tonton in her arms.

"What are all of you guys doing here?" I wonder aloud as Kiba and I go to stand with our teams, mine being at the end of the line.

"Beats me," Shikamaru says as he shrugs his shoulders.

Tsunade speaks up. "I'm glad you and Kiba finally made it, Ayumi. I've received a new mission for your three teams. The Lord of the Land of Diamonds has requested you help him eliminate a group of bandits that have been trying to assassinate him for awhile now. He's heard of you, and has specifically requested you to come on this mi—"

"We're not going," I interrupt, causing Shizune to spazz out at my bold move while everyone else stares at me with widened eyes. But my eyes are glued to the Hokage, filled with shock at first, and then dulling.