Chapter 16

Ayumi's P. O. V:

"This waking nightmare lingers
When will the mirror stop telling lies
I don't know where i've been
Or where i'm going
But I can't do it alone
I'm reaching out
Rescue me
Show me who I am
'Cause I can't believe
This is how the story ends
Fight for me
If it's not too late
Help me breathe again
No, this can't be how the story ends
I'm wrapped up and waiting for you
I've lost so much more then i'll ever know
The past, the truth forgotten
Find me now
Before I lose it all
I'm crying out
Rescue me
Show me who i am
'Cause i can't believe
This is how the story ends
Fight for me
If it's not too late
Help me breathe again
No, this can't be how the story ends
Haa-haa-haa-haa-haaa x6
Rescue me
Show me who i am
'Cause I can't believe(I can't believe)
This is how the story ends
Fight for me
If it's not too late(not too late)
Help me breathe again
No, this can't be how the story ends "

I finish the song as I sit against the headboard of my bed the night we return from the Land of Waves. When we did return, Sasuke had tried asking me out on a date, but I'd turned him down, much to my teammate's shock.

Apparently, Sasuke had a bit of a crush on me. Even though I'd rejected him, Sasuke and I are still friends, I suppose.

Then, a beautiful woman has been caught by ANBU Black Ops who'd turned out to be a spy, and a friend of Kakashi's. They'd spent the day together and we'd followed them. Kakashi and the lady, Hanare, had ended up kissing, when we'd fallen off a tree branch above them with the other Genin.

Hanare had been watched by ANBU, and tomorrow, she's to be returned to her village while the Hidden Leaf regains our own spy who'd also been caught.

I sigh as a knock sounds on my door, causing me to look. It was Kakashi, wearing only a long sleeved turtleneck with his pants and his mask, though Kakashi still wears his headband.

"That was beautiful, Ayumi," He says.

I smile as I reply, "Thanks. Did you want something?"

"I just came to check on you. You know, after what happened with Zabuza and Haku. I just wanted to make sure you were really okay," He says, sitting on the edge of my bed. "I also wanted to make sure that you don't hate me for having killed Haku. I know how much he meant to you, Ayu-chan."

"I'll be fine, Kakashi. Really," I say truthfully. "I'll miss them, but I promise I'm okay. And, no, I don't hate you." This surprises him. "Not at all. I knew that Haku would do it, somehow, and yet... I didn't want to believe it. I'd hoped I could've stopped Haku but I just couldn't. I couldn't save him."

Kakashi smiles as he says, "Good. I'm glad to hear that. And, I'm truly sorry about Haku and Zabuza. You know, I remember when I went to your homeland for the first time, that you, your brother and mother would sing together and your father would watch. Though, mostly it'll just be you and your mother who sing."

I smile at the memory and nod. "I'm surprised you do remember after all this time." A moment of silence passes, then I let out a sigh, meeting Kakashi's gaze. "Kakashi, there's something I need to tell you—about my past. This is something even you don't know."

"Hm? What is it, Ayumi-chan?" Kakashi asks gently.

"Remember when Zabuza Sensei said there was someone before him who'd trained me?" A nod from the Jounin. "Well, there was. Raiden Murakami—the leader of the Murakami clan." This makes Kakashi's eye widen. "He'd been behind the massacre and had killed my mother before taking me away."

"But... why?"

"He wanted our Divine Water as well as Diamond Release. He possesses the rare Kekkei Genkai—the Seishingan, which allows him to control one's thoughts. It's next to impossible to break or avoid unless you can fight him with your eyes closed. He took me for my abilities and tried to turn me into a living weapon. I'd gotten this scar when I'd escaped." I tug up the hem of my pink short sleeved pyjama shirt to show Kakashi the scar on my left side, created by a katana.