Chapter 90

Ayumi's P. O. V:

We spend the next two days travelling to Tokuda Village. We finally reached it late afternoon on the second day.

"We're finally here!" Kiba cheers.

"'Bout time!" Naruto adds. "So where are the bandits?"

Kakashi interrupts, "Now, hold on. I think we should book in at an inn for the night. It's pretty late at the moment."

Kiba says as he throws an arm around my shoulders, smirking, "Maybe you and I could get our own room, Yumi-chan. You know, like back in Sakura Village."

I blush instantly at his words.

"No," Says Kakashi immediately, a slight frown on his face.

"Huh?" Asks Kiba as we both glance at him.

"You heard me, Kiba. We're getting seperate rooms. The girls will have one room, the boys the other," He states seriously.

"But, Kakashi Sensei—" Kiba tries to persuade him but my Guardian just wasn't having it.

"No means no, Kiba, and that's final."

Behind my Guardian, Tenten and Sakura giggle. Tenten says, "Awe, I think it's cute how protective Kakashi-Sensei is of Ayumi." Sakura nods her head in agreement.

"Well, they are like father and daughter."

"I wonder if that makes me like her uncle?" Muses Guy, making my eyes wide.

"No way!" I say.

"Alright, let's get this inn booked," Kakashi interrupts. We find an inn and as he's said, Sakura, Tenten, Hinata and I got our own room, while Kakashi, Guy, Naruto, Lee and Neji got their own room.

"This is great!" Tenten cheers as she flips down on the bed.

Sakura adds, "Ayumi's Diamond House is super comfortable, but these beds are even comfier!"

"I have to agree," Says Hinata.

"Let's get ready for dinner and go to bed early since we have to look for those bandits tomorrow," I tell them, smiling at my teammates.

They nod and we chat amongst ourselves before we go out for dinner. After taking turns in the shower, we go to bed for the night.

                        🗡🗡🗡

My teammates and I were given radios to keep in touch about the bandits before we split off to go look for them the next morning.

We spend a good lot of the morning searching for the bandits, but so far, there's no sign of them.

I pause on a near empty street as I radio in to my other teammates, "There's nothing here. What about you guys?"

They each respond with a similar answer.

Kiba asks in annoyance, "Where could they be hiding?!"

Before any of us could answer, I freeze as I feel a presence from right behind me. Something comes slicing through the air for me but I just manage to forward flip out of the way in time.

There's a grunt of annoyance as a katana is embedded into the ground right where I'd been standing. After getting a safe distance away, I stop and spin to face my opponent.

He has waist length white hair and gold eyes and wears a white kimono. He grips twin katanas in his hands.

"And you are?" I inquire.