Chapter 84

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I gallop Setsuna through the forest outside the Leaf Village, wearing a purple kimono. The sun is shining high above me and the trees are a blue as my horse gallops through them.

 The sun is shining high above me and the trees are a blue as my horse gallops through them

We'd been out here for three hours but I'd decided to go back to the Leaf Village.

After about an hour, the tall gates of the village come into view. Setsuna's hooves pound on the ground, causing Izumo and Kotetsu to look up.

"Huh? Is that...?" Kotetsu murmurs, squinting his eyes at me.

"Whoa there!" Izumo gasps as Setsuna charges in but I pull her to a sharp halt, causing Setsuna to rear up, by the Chunin. "Any faster and you'll be flying!"

I laugh as Setsuna slams her hooves back on the ground and she shirt gets on them, snorting, "That's the point!"

"What's the rush?" Kotetsu asks.

"There's no rush. We just got back from a joy ride," I reply.

"Then we need to sign you back in," He says, taking out a clipboard. Kotetsu goes to sign it but Izumo goes to snatch it from his hand. Kotetsu holds it up out of his reach. "What are you doing?"

"I want to do it! You did it the last few times!" Izumo says.

"So? I have the clipboard, so I'm signing Ayumi in!" Kotetsu retorts. He holds the board further out of reach as the brunette stretches for it.

"No fair! Just give it to me, Kotetsu!"

They argue back and forth and I roll my eyes at them. I say, "I'll let you ladies argue about it. I've gotta go take care of Setsuna."

With that, I kick my horse into a canter away from the men.

I hear Izumo sigh, "I swear that girl is always in a rush."

"Yoink! Huh!! You can't write on the clipboard now, Izumo!!" Kotetsu says triumphantly. I hear his friend scowl.

"Kotetsu!"

I laugh and dodge civilians as Setsuna canters for Kakashi's apartment.

Setsuna nearly runs over a little boy and I call back to his angry mother, "Sorry!!"

"What the—?! Ahhh! Ayumi, stop!!" I look back with a gasp to see Sakura in front of me and pull Setsuna to a sharp stop, just before she could trample my teammate. Sakura breathes a sigh of relief. "That was close!"

"Sorry, Sakura. I didn't see you there," I apologise again, stroking my horse's neck. She frowns at me, but strokes Setsuna's muzzle.

"You've really got to slow down, Ayumi. You could trample someone," Sakura scolds me.

"Sorry. I'll try to be more careful next time. Where are you off to?"

She says, "To train with Tsunade-sama!"