Chapter 89

Just imagine Akame without her sword—->

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I wake up to the feeling of warm sunlight hitting my face. I feel that the bed beside me is empty, making me blink my eyes a few times.

Huh? Where's Kakashi?

I remain there for a moment, until a deep voice says, "Hey, kid. You're awake." My eyes snap wide open and I let out a gasp as I shoot upright. Bad idea because I end up falling out of bed and onto the floor, bumping Kakashi's desk. "Graceful. That would've hurt." Pakkun winces as I let out an "Oof."

"Laugh at my misery why don't you. Pakkun? What are you doing here?" I say in surprise with a frown at his earlier remark, upon finally recognising the voice. I slowly climb to my feet. "And where's Kashi-kun?"

Pakkun answers, "Good morning to you too, kid. Kakashi summoned me because he had an errand to run but didn't want you left alone. Didn't say where he was going, though."

I ask, "Did he say when he'd be back?"

Pakkun shakes his head as he replies, "No. just that he's be back soon."

"Oh. Great. Now I'm stuck with a puppy," I mumble as I slump my shoulders.

"Hey, I'm right here, kid," Pakkun feels the need to remind me.

I sigh as I slump my chin on my arms which are now folded on the edge of Kakashi's bed, "I wish Kashi-kun were here instead."

Pakkun deadpans at me. "I may need t be Kakashi, but I'll let you touch my paw!" The pug holds up his left paw to me. I just gaze at him blankly. "Come on, kid! I know you wanna touch it! My pads are really sooofftt!"

 "Come on, kid! I know you wanna touch it! My pads are really sooofftt!"

I continue to give Pakkun my deadpan expression as I mumble, "You are one conceded puppy, you know that?"

A sweat drop forms on the side of Pakkun's head. "Okay, just for that comment, you're not gonna touch my paws!" He says indignantly, pulling away from me.

I add with a cute pout, "... But you are a really cute puppy..." Pakkun pauses as he takes in what I just said. "So... cute..."

"Go on, you can touch my paw pads, Ayumi! They're so soft and FLUFFY!!" Pakkun cries out dramatically, like he did during the invasion, and thrusts his paw towards me.