sixteen.

definitely not love at first sight

~~~~~

15 years ago...

Anastasia sat in her home with her two six year old sons, her two, two year old daughters, her best friend, and her two unborn baby girls.

"Momma." Athena said, making grabby hands towards her mother.

"Hi, sweetie." Anastasia said with a smile, as she picked her daughter up and began to hold her. Only for a few seconds before Astrid was making grabby hands towards her as well. So she picked up her other daughter as she continued to sit down in her chair.

Just then her two boys came running into the room, arguing about whose Lego tower was better and which video game they should play.

"Mommy, tell him my tower is better." Young Ryder said. His arms were crossed over his chest and a pout was forming on his lips.

"No, mommy! Mine is better." Young Maverick argued. The same expression on his face as his twin.

"I think they are both wonderful." Anastasia told them, earning a whine in response. It was clear that the twins wanted actual answers rather than a half response that was supposed to create peace between the two brothers.

"Uncle Riccy." Maverick said, gaining the attention of the man who had been reading a book about pregnancy, seeing as he wanted to be there for Anastasia during this pregnancy even more than he had been in the last one. And that was probably because the two twins she was carrying were his biological kids.

"What's up, little man?" Alaric questioned as he ruffled the boy's dark black hair.

"Tell Ryder that my Lego tower is better."

"No! Tell Mav mine is!"

Before Alaric could answer, Anastasia groaned in pain as her eyes were screwed shut, being careful not to drop the two kids that were resting in her lap.

"Mommy? What's wrong?" Maverick asked, fearfully looking up at his mother.

"Nothing, baby. Mommy will be right back." Anastasia replied to him, before looking at Ric who nodded in return. She then placed Athena and Astrid on the couch, before she disappeared into thin air.