CHAPTER 13

Brittney's pov

Today is Natalie and Alex's 5th anniversary. I stand outside the backyard and watch how full it is. From they colleagues, to patients , to family and friends all waiting to wish them a happy  anniversary.

"Sorry, we late" Lorraine taps me on the shoulder. She is wearing a long maroon dress and has her hair in a neatly done bun. Her makeup is on point and she doesn't have her glasses on showing us how beautiful she actually is.

She came along with her daughter and some cakes which I'm sure she baked herself. "Its okay" I help take the goodies and go leave it in the kitchen. "Mabelle" Kevin whose in his blue silky suit hugs me from behind. I really hoped he never showed up but we adults and need to solve our problems. That's if there is one. It's just after that night we both have been distant.

"You look breathtaking" he says holding my hands and kissing them repeatedly. He must have been missing me judging by the way his going on.

I am wearing a knee length ocean blue dress with a matching stiletto heel. I applied light makeup and since I didn't want to curl my hair I went with straightening it.

"Thanks" I blush and turn around. "You still upset about that night?" He asks me getting all worried and holding his chin.

"Nope, I am not" I give him a little kiss on the cheek to assure him.

"Thanks, my love. I promise to never let you down" he holds me from behind and kisses my neck while I keep myself busy with the cupcakes. I'm holding myself from going to Lorraine and asking for Vallys whereabouts but it's non of my business.

"You look distant, what's wrong ?" He asks. He knows me well enough to know how I'm feeling.

"Nothing really" I lie and shake it off. Hearing voices I turn around hoping to be met by a pair of dark eyes but it's all just more guests coming through. Oh It's going to be one long day.

"Your hair. I like it when it's curly" he takes my hair in his fingers.

"But you still looking gorgeous" he says smelling the strand of hair.

"Brittney. Is that really you?" Dr Matthew from the hospital comes.  She had treated me once upon a time and since we had a good bond we kept in contact until she moved to another country. "Doctor" I hug her. Her and Natalie are close friends but not like before due to the distance.

"How you doing?" She asks me. Behind her is her two sons which I had last seen when they were five years and a man which I'm sure is her husband. "I'm good and you" I tell her.

"Good. You married already?" She asks pointing to Kevin who has a smirk on his face. He then gives his hand to shake "Kevin Brown" he introduces himself to everyone. I feel like stamping his foot to get him back to reality where we not married.

"His my boyfriend" I say and look down. Her and her husband start talking to Kevin about business. Being a Brown is so hard I doubt I'll manage. All the fame and stuff is too much for me. They conversation is interrupted by Alex.

"She's coming, she's coming" Alex tells us and we all go outside and remain silent. "What's going on , Alex. I'm worried" Natalie asks her voice as If she's going to cry. He ignores her and they both come outside to find her answer.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" We all shout out from the top of our lungs. Natalie whose so emotional starts to cry. I walk over to her and give her one of my teddy bear hugs. "Shh, it's okay" I whisper in her ear. It's the first time she's crying in public cause she's mostly the strong one and when I mean the strong one even while she was giving birth she never shed a tear.

Letting go we all take a seat except Alex who has something to say. "To my beautiful wife. I never thought you'd accept me because of your stubbornness. I remember when I first met you and asked you out your response was I should try again which  I did three times until you finally said yes" Alex says and everyone starts to laugh including the couple.

"Our love is something special. You in general are something special. I love you Natalie with all my heart and I promise to care for you, look after you, grow old with you but mostly love you. Happy anniversary honey" he takes her hand and they kiss. Everyone makes a 'nchoo' sound expect little Reece who blocks his eyes and keeps on saying 'eww'.

I look at the door and find Vally and Mike clapping hands also with smiles on they faces. Vally is wearing jeans with a red shirt and his hair is still messy. Mike is in the same outfit just with neater hair. As if sensing he looks my way making eye contact with me. Kevin who never noticed him yet kisses me on my cheek "You want a drink?" He asks me.

I break of the staring and nod in agreement and he walks to the table full of goodies. I need to control myself and stop staring at him. Kevin and I are back together and we happy that's all that matters. "When you getting married?" Aunty Sally asks me.

She's a friend of my mother's and came in mom's place as she's out of town. "Soon enough, aunty" I want to roll my eyes honestly. She should focus on her own family that's already falling apart. I hate her gut but I'm glad she came in mom's place. She opens her mouth to say something but I kindly excuse myself.

I rush over to Vally and Kevin who seemed to have bumped into each other and are already arguing. This is no time or place for drama. "Guys, please behave" I beg them both.

"I always do but your pet can't" Vally grabs a drink and joins Mike and Lorraine by they table.

"I hate him. Why did you invite him?" Kevin asks me while giving Vally a death glare.

"His our neighbour his not going anywhere" I say and look at him in the eyes.

"Can we just go?" I take his hand and we walk over to our table. With every step I can feel Vallys eyes making holes on me. I want to look back at him But I can't.

After having lunch I stand up and get everybody's attention. All eyes are on me and I feel as if I'm going to pee my pants. I am not a person who loves attention so that's why I get all nervous when people look at me.

"Natalie, my lovely sister. Alex my lovely brother in law... I remember the day Natalie came home bragging about Alex. We stayed up all night talking about what she's going to wear and stuff. I fell asleep but she just carried on blabbing" I laugh with everybody and look over to Vally whose sitting with his hands cross armed.

"The happiest day of her life was the day you proposed. She was excited but also nervous which was a first " My eye still focused on Vally. 

"Your love is so sweet. It's a love I never thought existed." He sits straight and looks me in the eye.

"A love so true. A love so dear. A love we all wish for. A love that is rare. I do know you'll love one another and will fulfil your vows. I love you more than you think. I just wish you would accept my love. Natalie I love you sis and thanks for being there for me always. Alex thanks. Happy anniversary" Everyone claps and makes giggling sounds.

I sit down wiping the tears in my eyes. "You okay, Mabelle" Kevin asks.

"Yes" I answer.

The Dj plays some love songs and the couple leads the dance floor followed by the rest. "You wanna dance?" Kevin looks at me with a smile on his face. "Sure" I take his hands and we find space on the dance floor full of swaying bodies. He puts his hand on my lower back and the other locks with my hand.

I put my hand around his shoulder and he pulls me closer. We move carefully enough not to step on each other's feet. "Soon we'll be dancing like this just this time it's going to be a wedding" he whispers in my ear.

"Whose wedding?" I play dum.

"Ours of courser" he uses the hand on my lower back to play with my hair.

"Uhmm..." and I'm cut of by his ringing phone. He excuses himself for a few minutes. "Mabelle, I have to go. I'll explain later" he kisses my forehead and disappears.

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥