CHAPTER 96

"Miss Bryson , a delivery for you" The delivery man says giving me the paper to sign. I take it and sign and then he hands me over the mini box wrapped in Brown wrappers.

"Have a great day, Miss" he says before turning to leave. I stand there inspecting the box. Who sent this. I don't remember ordering anything. I never had the time to especially with everything going on.

I close the door and go binge on the couch again. I doubt I even want to see what's in there so I toss it on the couch and put my head in my hands.

Before I can even start feeling sorry for myself there's another knock again on the door. "Go away" I shout out.

Another delivery for me. Seems like thanksgiving came early this year. I take the pillow and throw it to the door.

The knocking gets louder and I can't take it anymore. I swear if it's another delivery guy he'll quit his job and commit suicide.

I open the door and before I could throw curses around my mouth stops working and so does my whole body. It can't be.

He left. His plane already departed. He is on his way to Rome. His somewhere out there in the sky about to start a new life.

I refuse to believe he is here. Maybe my eyes are just too desperate to see him that everyone looks like him. I get my body to working and rub my eyes.

Even after rubbing my eyes for seconds he still stands there. "Say something" his voice travels throughout my whole body giving it life once again.

A gasp leaves my mouth in shock and happiness. My arms immediately wrap around his neck and he puts his arms around my body. "I thought you left" I say sobbing uncontrollably on his broad shoulder.

"How could I leave without saying goodbye" he says softly in my ears.

"You hurt me so much and now you want to hurt me even more by leaving" I shout at him.

"This is only the beginning baby. We still got a long road and even if I leave I'll always come back to you" he tells me while rubbing my back to calm me down.

"I promised you forever and for as long as I never gave it to you I shall never leave" he puts his head on mines showing his affection toward me.

I grab a fist full of his shirt and take in his cologne. We stand there in each other's embrace sharing our pains and comforting them.

He breaks off the hug and puts his big hands on my cheeks. With his thumb he rubs my cheeks that has trails of dry tears.

"Never again" I say staring in his eyes.

"Promise" he says kissing me on my forehead.

"You going to let me in now?" He asks smiling. I never even got to clean the place. His going to see all my tissues and packets of candy everywhere.

"Sure" I say making way for him to enter of which he does with me behind him.

He stands there with his hands in his pockets taking a good look at the mess. "Don't mind the mess. My boyfriend decided to go hiking without me" I say punching him on the arm.

"Oh, I don't mind. Life is full of shit after all" he says walking to the couch and sitting down. He takes off his boots and stretches his legs across the table.

He holds my hand and pulls me to him. "What we watching?" He asks giving me kisses on my head while I rest my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

Now this is what I call living. Being in the same room as him. Being in his arms and nowhere else. Getting kisses and hugs from him. The little things matter.