CHAPTER 90

Today I woke up earlier then expected. I guess the excitement of meeting new people was just too much.

After breakfast I took a shower and dressed into jeans and a top with some boots. That's adventures enough for me. "Where you off to young girl?" My mother ask me.

"Look how pretty she looks with the makeup and all dressed up" Aunty Caylea says and everyone shifts they attention to me.

"I made some friends yesterday at the store and we decided to chill at the skate park" I say feeling happy for socializing.

"Okay, that's great. I'm sure you know where's the park.. it's just 3 streets away" My mother directs me. She then comes and looks me in the eyes that shows how much she is proud of me and then hugs me.

"Have fun. And don't forget to kiss him" Samson says and the kids all laugh while the adults scold them.

"Brittney, I want to..." Damien stops me in my tracks.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He looks down and plays with his fingers but doesn't say a word.

"Its okay. I promise to come back" I go on my knees and hug him. He doesn't hug me back but stands there watching me.

I leave the house and get into my car. The park isn't difficult to find as most youngsters my age are there. I park outside a bush like with many cars and youngsters smoking or kissing.

This feels so awkward. I don't want to go out. Vally would always hold my hand which made me feel safe but now he isn't here and I'll have to find myself another one.

"Hello. You made it" Taylor says standing by my car window.

"I couldn't miss it" I say coming out. I lock the car as it looks like a very dangerous area.

"Let's go then" he says picking up his skateboard and holding it while we walk to where the action is.

"I like skating by the way. I was born for the board" he says putting on the gear to protect him.

"But you gym and poor board has to take up all your weight" I say and we laugh.

"I don't gym everyday. It's just something I do when I'm bored" he says. We walk pass a group of boys smoking and they start whistling.

"You okay?" He asks since I haven't said a word.

"Sure" I smile and we finally reach the part. There's music and people everywhere all anxiously waiting for the challenge to start.

"What's up Tay. Who you got here?" Some tall guy with a Brown top and some jeans asks. He looks drunk and has a bottle of beer in his Hand.

"A friend. Brittney" Taylor introduces me and then more guys and girls come to us.

"I'll be skating, you can sit and have some fun with them" Taylor tells me. He looks at me just so that I can trust him and I nod.

"I'm Sara, his girlfriend" a girl in shorts and a vest comes and tells me.

"Brittney. His friend" I say plastering a smile on my face. She looks irritated by my presence. I know how uncomfortable she must be feeling for her boyfriend coming with a girl.

"Have some" she passes me her plastic cup of beer.

"No, thank you. I don't drink" I say politely. The last time I had beer nothing went well for me and there's no Vally to control and protect me.

She just shrugs her shoulder and drinks it finished. The challenge starts and they all take a chance to skate.

The girls make conversation with me and I feel as if I found myself new friends. Compared to Theresa and them, these ones are cooler.