CHAPTER 22

It has been months after our break up.. well not exactly break up but it felt like it as there was tears every night , sad songs and of course my buddy Ice cream.

All those things are combinations of a heartbroken girl. Right. "We leaving now, Brittney" Kristen peeks in my office. It is 22:30 pm and I've been working my ass out. The main reason is because it helps me forget reality. It being my escape route I increased my working hours.

"Okay, have a great evening" I tell her and watch as the door closes. Sighing I rub my sleepy eyes and carry on working.

»»»»»

I am awoken by the ringing of my phone. I open my eyes slowly. My neck hurts from the uncomfortable position I had slept in. Sitting up I check my phone and there is 10 missed calls from Natalie and 5 from both Kevin and Alex. They must be thinking I went AWOL on them again. I'm pretty sure there is a whole search party looking for me.

I send them all a text message saying that I'm fine and they don't need to worry. One thing dealt with now my morning oh gosh.

"Hey girl, Damm you spent the night here right?" Kristen comes inside the office while pinching her nose and giving me a questioning look.

"Not now okay" I put my hand at the back of my neck to ease the horrible pain. I am so exhausted and feel as if life has been drained out of me. My head feels as if there are fireworks being fired in my head.

"You need a shower and some pills.. Damm Brittney this is so not you" she says then takes out her buzzing phone. That sound it's making is giving me an even worse headache. She looks at her phone and her mouth goes wide open as if remembering something really important.

"What?" I ask her after yawning. She has been scrolling up and down and with every scroll her mouth opens wider in shock. "It says two days time I'll be turning 24. Who would have thought I'll make it past 21   Kevin Brown" she reads from her phone.

I totally forgot about his birthday, especially with everything that was going on. I am actually glad I found out now before it's too late because then it was going to be another awful chapter.

"Girl, your boyfriends birthday is around the corner and you look like shrek.. Lets get you freshen up and go shopping" Kristen claps in my face to bring me back to reality.

Speaking of reality what do I get him ?. I need to get him something he'll always have. Forever. On my birthday he makes it really big with candles, roses, chocolates, perfumes, and a whole collection of Chanel. These are things that all girls dream of having and here I am with nothing in mind for his birthday.

Reaching home I take a warm shower which helps me relax. I wear a pair of denim jeans, blue top and some takkies. I really need something comfortable cause it's going to be a long day. My neck and head still hurt so I take some painkillers before leaving.

"Brittney, where you off to?" Natalie asks me. I thought she had already left for work. Which means she taking the nightshift. "I'm going shopping." I tell her while putting my side bag on my shoulder.

"Oh, can you get me a new microwave. This one has been giving us problems... just imagine my whole spaghetti was so dry when it came out. This shit supposed to make it warm but it's turning out to be dry.. like ewww" she says with her face in disgust.

"Okay, I'll see if I can manage" I tell her. She stops watering the plants and looks at me. This is not going to end. "Why you buying the whole mall.. Brittney what's going ?" She fixes her hat that almost flew away with the wind.

I look at Kristen whose sitting  in the car waiting for me. She just puts her thumbs up with a evil smile on her face. I think we should just cancel this shopping and sit and chat with Natalie cause this what we having is not going to end now. "Nope, I just need a nightie and some girl stuff" I tell her.

"I can give you one?" She offers. I can't take hers. It's so awkward cause she doesn't know why is it that I need it. "Unless you need a new one cause you going to.." She looks around and noticing that there is none her face changes to a naughty one.

"You going to work in a strip club" she says and starts laughing aloud while holding her stomach. I join her cause that's the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. "I'm just joking... Okay spit it out" she says after her laugh.

How the hell do I tell her my gift for Kevin. "I just need them. Mines are old now and have holes.." I tell her and look at the watch.

"Oh my it's getting late I gotta go..bye" I carefully do not step on her watered flowers and give her a quick kiss before leaving.

"You were never goner get out of that one" Kristen says while laughing at me. She's right I was never going to escape her.

"You ready?" She asks me as she starts the engine of my baby.
"Lets do this" I nod

Well on our way home with Kristen I decided on what I'm going to do. It took me long and I had to think really hard about it. Although it is too early but what's there to lose. And also his my boyfriend which makes it fine. Right.

The mall is full but luckily the girls store is empty. "Kristen welcome" the woman who looks way to young hugs her. She is really well known here I guess. They start discussing something and then the lady looks at me. "She has a body of a model" she says while looking me up and down.

"She is a retired model" Kristen says and that woman is impressed.

"This is our best collection" the woman shows me a red nightie that is so freaking short. It actually reaches right under my bum that if I bend over everything will show. I take it just in case while she shows us the others.

H/ N : is that a good decision🤔

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥