CHAPTER 91

Theme song :
Deja vu by Olivia

"Brittney, how..How are you ?" She asks with her arms folded.

"I'm good and you. I just came to check up on you" I say feeling guilty by how things ended up last time. I was to blame for us going separate ways. If I hadn't kept secrets we wouldn't have to face that.

But also if I did tell her there wouldn't have been us. "Yeah, it's been long" she says remembering.

"Damien. Congratulations on your wining. I'm so proud of you. How do you feel?" Annoyed by the past thoughts she directs her attention to Damien.

"Fine" he says smiling at her while she ruffles his hair making him blush.

"Reece is upstairs, you can go see him. He really did miss you" she says making space for him to enter. He enters and runs upstairs leaving us alone in awkwardness.

"Come in" she says after seconds of silence. I nod and enter. Taking a seat at the lounge she comes and joins me. I know that this silence is what I will expect but it's killing. I should have prepared my emotions before coming.

"So some juice?" She asks trying to bring up a conversation.

"Yeah. I'll go get some myself thank you" I get up cause my nerves are on the verge of blowing up.

Before she could reject my offer I immediately walk to the kitchen. This is the kitchen that had changed my whole life.

It had put my life into one huge mess. I turn the tap and the gushing water takes me back to months ago.

"Brittney, what the hell ? Do you want to flood my house? You still haven't caused enough trouble Miss" Natalie yells at me while closing the tap that has been running for minutes.

"I'm sorry. I froze. I don't know what happened to me......my hands couldn't move" I say holding my head.

"You still never got over it?" She asks angrily but using a calm tone.

"I don't know what you mean" I turn around and test my fingers that just deceived me.

"Should I remind you?" She steps in front of me. I am so not in the mood for this. I found peace at the farm and have decided what I'm going to do. I seriously don't want to go back to confusion.

"Nat, not now please" I close my eyes to dodge her upset look.

"Of course. We won't go back there darling. We got over that betrayal long ago right?" She says moving to the fridge and taking out a bottle of ice cold water. Shocking how she went from yelling to understanding.

"It was not betrayal I always wanted to tell you but I was afraid of your reaction" I defend myself. I was afraid of her reaction. Natalie is the one that I grew up with. She is literally apart of me and I know her in and out.

Her reaction would tear me apart. She wouldn't have accepted us. She knows what's best for me but not completely. Growing up she had decided for me almost everything.

Even Kevin was her choice and every thing worked out well that I believe she was my fairy God mother but when it came to the relationship part her decisions never worked out.

Kevin and I were a terrible couple. The love was there but not like the one I share with Vally. I love her and respect her but when it comes to my heart I have to decide on my own and that's Vally.

"Of course you'd be and that's because we both know he is bad for you" she says.

"I know and I am not going back there" I say looking straight at her to get her into believing. But I know she can see the hurt right through me.