CHAPTER 46

"How was your day sister" Natalie asks me. She just came back from work and looks pretty much exhausted. Luckily for her I finish made supper for the whole family.

Vally helped me when we were done watching that movie with a romantic cover yet most scariest thing I ever watched. "Thank you so much for making supper. I was worried already for what I'm going to make and this headache is killing me" she brags sitting down and dishing up.

Everyone comes downstairs and joins us. "Oh my gosh. Your birthday is in like days.. what would you like ?" Natalie asks me with a mouthful of the pasta.

"I actually don't think I want anything" I say playing with my pasta. I am certain that I don't want a party. It's all useless and dull. The only plan I would have is maybe spend some time with Vally and that's all.

"This is so delicious" Alex says and Natalie nods her head supporting what he just said. I push back a strand of hair and blush. It's perfect cause it's made out of love.

"Hey aunty" Little Reece nudges me on the arm distracting me from my thoughts. I look down at him and he has a huge smile on his face. That can only mean his in love. "She said yes" he says softly but his parents both caught up.

"Who? Little Reece Morgan is there something you hiding from mommy" Natalie says and Reece gets nervous.

"Well, he has a concert one of these days and needed a partner so he asked Sasha and she said yes" I blurt out and look at a blushing but also scared Reece.

"That's wonderful my little boy. He learnt alot from me I guess. Give mommy a high five" Natalie says proud of her little boy. Reece and I look at each other confused at her reaction. He slowly gives her a light high five.

"Honey, what are you teaching the kid?" Alex says wiping the cream from the corner of his mouth and looking at Natalie whose celebrating.

"It's good you mastering your player skills. Your dad was very slow when it comes to asking a girl out. I had to make the first move imagine..." Natalie says looking over at Alex while blinking repeatedly at him.

"That never happened as far as I remember. It was you that took your own time to say yes to me" Alex defends himself. This is going to be a live family fued.

"Now you go to that girl and show her what you made of. I need you to take your mother's sass not your father's uselessness" Natalie says calmly to Reece and he just nods in agreement even though the confusion is written all over his face.

"Look Reece. Do not rush into anything okay. Let it be all fun and games no tang tang" Alex advice his little boy. I seriously won't lie but this conversation is getting taken to a much inappropriate level for the small kid.

"What's tang tang daddy ?" Reece asks and I spit the wine out of my mouth in shock. Natalie stops eating looking at all of us and Alex's eyes go wide.

"Reece it's bed time. Let's go I'll read you a story and we can catch up on our favourite series" I say ceasing the awkward atmosphere in the air. He immediately gets up and rushes upstairs to his room.

"That was weird.." Natalie says looking down.
"You such an irresponsible mother" Alex says throwing the tissue on the table angrily. I guess this is my cue to leave. I stand up and go upstairs to Reece's room.

We sit and chat about cartoons until he falls asleep. I read him a bedtime story and tuck him up. "Thanks aunty Brittney for the help" he says and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

"Anytime. Goodnight boy" I say and go put of the light before leaving his room and heading to mine.

»»»»»

The week has finally gone and today is sunday. I wake up feeling sleepy and rub my eyes. I sit on my bed and remember that it's my birthday. I'm finally 22 years of age.

I have survived and made it past 21. I look up to the sky and smile "Dad, I made it" I say to myself.

Getting up I go to the shower and take a warm one. After that I get dressed into comfy Sunday clothes and put my hair in a messy bun. I leave the room and go downstairs to find nobody. I feel my heart ache a little but remember that I never did want a party.

My phone rings and it's Lorraine. "Hello, how are you?" I ask her politely.

"Hello, I'm good. Can you rush over here. I need your help with something" She says in a panicking voice. I hope everyone is doing fine. I cut the call and head out to my neighbors.

I knock on the door and Lorraine opens. I enter the house which still feels so welcoming. I remember the time I was last here. It was the same night I had given my virginity.

She directs me to her garden which is messed up. "I need help with my garden. Natalie told me you good at this since you helped your father. I hope you won't mind helping out?" She asks playing with her fingers.

When was the last time I had been in the garden. Natalie is the one that knows more about the plants but I'll just give it a try. I hope I haven't lost my touch. I take all the tools and start working.

>>>>

After hours of working I finally get done. What a good way of starting my day. I sit down and drink the lemonade she made. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it" She says and hugs my messy clothes.

"My pleasure. You can call me anytime... I better get going" I say and go out of the house trying to get a glimpse of Vally who doesn't show up at all. I give her one last smile and walk back home as fast as I can.

Entering the house it is still empty and feels very cold. I change into a blue dress with sandals and go outside to the back yard. I open the door and shock takes over me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTNEY" Everyone screams out loud and I stand there shocked and feel my eyes get watery.

"My little sister is grown up" Natalie comes and pulls my cheeks in a playful way giving the tears permission to roll  down my cheeks.

"Guys I didn't want ... but thank you" I say and hug my big sister. She hugs me right rubbing my back gently whispering I love you in my ear repeatedly.

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥