CHAPTER 63

"Good morning, Miss Bryson" Kristen greets me. Today is Tuesday and because of my full schedule I had to wake up early. I finished clean the house, give Vabri his breakfast and make Vallys breakfast.

"Morning to you to" I say walking to my office. When I enter my office I put down everything and start working. "Yes, boss lady it's lunch time  now" Jeven says taking his file and standing up all ready to eat his lunch.

"Lets go out today for a change" I say and he looks at me like I just grew another head. I stand up taking my purse with my phone and wallet in.

"Lets go before I change my mind" I say and he agrees.

He drives us to some restaurant for a surprise. "Come on in" he says opening the door for me to enter with him behind me.

"Hiii" a young waitress with blonde hair comes to us. She has a very big smile and I turn to look at jeven who is blushing. Something fishy is going on between the two.

"Miss Bryson, meet Lucy my girlfriend. Lucy meet Miss Bryson my boss" Jeven introduces us and we shake hands. I find myself a table and wait for this two to finish act all romantic.

"Can I get your orders?" She comes with Jeven. I order the same sandwich as Jeven's as he insisted me on ordering it. She goes to the kitchen leaving us two alone.

"Jeven can I ask you something?" I ask before looking around making sure there is no one. I just want to get other people's opinions on my situation. Maybe I could get more guidance.

"So I----" I say but don't finish off as Lucy comes back with our sandwiches. He winks at her and her smile grows bigger then before. These two are so in love. Not even me and Vally go on like this.

"Yeah, you were saying?" He asks when Lucy finally gives us space.

"Imagine growing up for 22 years and only finding out later that the people you thought were family are not family. Like the woman you were with all your life is not your mother and now you find out the truth. Would you go look for your real mother or just forget about it" I say and he stops eating his sandwich and stares at me.

"What?" I say and he starts laughing. I can feel the pain in my heart but I'm pretending to take it in as I don't want him to catch up and know the girl is me. His still laughing and I just want to throw him out the window.

"Okay, I'm sorry boss lady but that sounds hectic. It's like a whole Netflix movie.. are you referring to yourself or something but Damm that's hectic big time" he says wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Oh no it's definitely not me. Just some Netflix that I've been watching" I lie and take a drink of my cola as I'm feeling hot and he just made me feel very uncomfortable.

"Well, I don't care. I doubt I'd go look for her I mean why did she leave me in the first place?" He says taking a bite of his sandwich and closing his eyes enjoying it.

I also start eating and I must say the sandwich is really amazing. My thoughts all wander to what Jeven had just said. He wouldn't look for her cause he believes she did not want him in the first place. I was a mistake but my mother loved me.

"You okay?" He asks as I've been staring at him.
"Yeah sure. The sandwich tastes amazing" I say taking another bite and drinking my cola.

"We met here at this restaurant and that's why I love coming here for lunch. She just has fingers for an angel that everything she touches turn to gold" he says praising his girlfriend. I look over at her and she's wiping the table and is humming along to the song playing.

"Does that include you" I say and he nods his head yes and we both laugh. Our good time gets distracted when Jeven's phone rings and it's the company calling. "Kristy crusty how may I help you?" He asks.