CHAPTER 69

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I put my hands over my head and whine in pain. I wonder why does my head hurt like that. I slowly sit up and look at my surroundings. I'm in a very big comfortable bed. There isn't much in here just the table at the side with a chair. A big cupboard filled with books and a wardrobe.

There is a big window to the side that shows the view of the farm outside. "Beautiful isn't it" a woman says and I turn to find my mother standing and looking at me. She has tears in her eyes and both her eyes and nose is red.

"Mom" I say and she rushes over to me. She puts her arms around me in a hug. We both stay like that and cry in each other's arms. "Come with me" she says holding my hand helping me get out of bed. We sit down on the carpet near the window.

"Oh, my baby. You so beautiful" she says putting her hands over my cheeks. She looks just as I had imagined. Her lips just like mines. Her eyes round and got a lot to tell. Her hair as dark as midnight. Her skin pale but healthy. Her touch soft and all motherly.

"I thought I'd never find you" she says.
"You never did search for me so what was the use" I tell her and she looks away. I knew it. She never did worry about me. I was just on her mind for a few seconds and that's it.

"Brittney, you need to--" she starts but I cut her off.

"Do what mother. I know everything. It's no use explaining yourself when I know the truth" I say. She wipes her tears and looks down. I know I'm hurting her but she needs to know what she had put me through. She needs to give me a valid reason of why she abounded me. I know she went crazy but there is more to this and I can see it in her eyes.

"Brittney, you need to understand.. I never did have a choice..everything just happened so fast and I don't know" she says making eye contact with me. She had a choice for everything but not me. I was just a mistake that nobody wanted except my father who also deceived me.

"What happened so fast mother?" I ask her.
"Every thing Brittney, everything.. I didn't know whether I was coming or going" she says.

"Going from what ?" I ask her. There is something she is hiding. Something she doesn't want anyone to find out. Something I'm not supposed to know.

"Every thing..Brittney, your father never told me he was married. I found out when he took me home to his family. It was all just a big shock and stuff. If he had told me the truth I would have backed out immediately. But instead he fed both of us to the wolves honey....." She says and I just look at her. Father lied to us both. He was never truthful. It was all just a lie.

"I loved your father baby. He was my first lover. He was my everything but I just couldn't..." She says crying her heart out. I feel my heart soften up and my eyes get watery.

"Couldn't what?" I ask her. She keeps on leaving me in the dark even now that I met her. She has hurt written all over her face.

"Be with you or him. I had to leave for your own safety. I promise. You were going to be nothing if I had taken you...I had to leave you with her for your own safety and the others safety" she says looking outside. My gut is right. There is more to this.

"Mom, that's not all. Tell me the truth. The real truth that you told nurse Merlin" I tell her. She stands up and I do the same. She walks to the window and looks outside with her arms crossed.

"Mother, please tell me. The truth" I beg her.
"Gabriela Adams has always been respected and feared by many... I'm sure you know about that" she says after being quiet for minutes. I stand next to her and look at her. Whatever she's about to say is something she doesn't want to talk about. I can see it all on her face.