CHAPTER 98

"Welcome Miss Bryson" Jeven and Kristen welcomes me when I enter my office.

"Make sure you put Carter after that. Thank you" I say and we all start laughing. I put my bags on the table and look up at my excited colleagues.

"What?" I ask them both as they eyes are full of questions and they faces of curiosity. They look at each other and start talking in riddles.

"We glad you back at work" Kristen starts and plays with her curls.

"Yeah, we missed you" Jeven says shaking his head over again. There's something going on here and I can sense it. I don't even need to guess it as its written all over they faces.

I sit down and take out my laptop. "Right, I give you my permission to ask anything that you want to" I say and they quickly pull the chairs and sit on them.

"What happened between you and Vally?" Jeven asks.

"We want to know everything" Kristen says sitting comfortably in her seat. So they weren't here to actually visit me but rather to find some gossip.

"Fine. I made a request after all" I say. I sigh and then start narrating my story.

"That's a whole movie" Kristen tells me when I'm   done. Jeven has been sitting quietly listening to every word I say. It looks like he has learned a lesson from it.

"I'm just glad you guys are back together. You two are inseparable..He owns you and you own him" she holds my hands and looks at me with guilt for not being there to hold it when I was in need of it.

"I know. His the one for me and I'm the one for him. That's all that matters" I say smiling about it.

"Right let's get to work" I tell them. Jeven is still seated staring at me.

"Hello" I hit the table and he gets a shock coming back to reality.

"His been having trouble with Lucy" Kristen laughs at him. He gets up and shakes his head before walking out.

After hours of working my stomach aches. I look at my watch and it has been over 3 hours of work and I haven't eaten anything. I am craving for doughnuts now. Specifically chocolate flavoured.

I get up taking my phone and wallet. "I'm going for lunch" I say and the two tag along.

"After all those hours you only want doughnuts. Come on" Kristen tease me. We in the taxi deciding on where we should go eat lunch.

We finally agree on one place that can fill all our desires. "It's very far from work" Jeven tells us. As we drive through the busy streets we go pass the hospital and I remember something.

"Drop me off here" I tell the driver. The two shift they eyes at me. Trying to find a reason.

"You hungry and you stopping at the hospital" Jeven says confused.

"Maybe she's going for some energy vitamins" Kristen says and they both start laughing at me. I just ignore them and step out into the cold.

"They'll pay. Bye take care" I say and cross the road ignoring the whines Kristen and Jeven are making.

I hope she's there. I really need to have a one on one with her. Lady to lady. I enter the huge hospital and go to the reception. "How may I help you?" The woman asks.

"I'm looking for Nurse Lorraine Carter" I say putting on my glasses so she doesn't notice me. Natalie must be around here and I don't want her to see me.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asks.

"No but I need to see her immediately" I say trying not to sound so desperate. She looks at me and then answers the ringing telephone.