CHAPTER 88

"Brittney, is that you?" Antonio asks. The same Antonio from the bar. The one who kept on talking in riddles and playing mind games. The one who ruined my date.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. What does he want here. He has no right to come near me or my family. He has ruined enough already and I won't allow him to ruin this also.

"I belong here. These are my kids and she's my wife... Your mother is my sister" he explains pointing to everyone. I look at my mother and she does resemble him a little. Even his kids especially Phillip. How could I have not seen this coming.

The mafia pedophile from the bar has turned out to be my uncle. My mother's blood brother. "Look , I know how it must feel for you right now but try and understand" he says and I just look at him.

"You guys know each other?" Aunty Caylea asks pointing between me and Antonio. He answers her in Italian of which she keeps quiet.

"Can I talk to you privately ?" He asks. I don't want to be in the same room as him. The lust he had on his face that day was disgusting. It gives me the creeps of what he could be imagining.

I look at him and see the regret in his eyes. I am upset but I'll give him a chance to explain himself. I move from my seat and go to the lounge with him behind me.

"Be fast cause I don't want to hear a word you say" I say sitting down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for what I did that day.. I never knew you were my niece and If I had known non of that would have happened instead I would have welcomed you...." He walks to the couch I'm seated on and sits right next to me.

I get up with my arms crossed and my back facing him. "You almost ruined my relationship in fact you ruined my date" I turn and face him angrily. It's the look that made me hate him. Everything else falls after.

"And I'm sorry but I know that Your relationship with Vally is never going to break up. That's how strong it is" he says and I look down. If only he knew that we are over. It wasn't as strong as we all thought it was.

"And as for the date. Me and Vally had our disagreements but we sorted them out" he finishes off. Disagreements. Mike told me it was money problems not disagreements.

What could a man like him disagree with Vally. "What disagreements was it?" I ask him. I know it's no more my business but I want to know what else Vally had been hiding from him.

It would be better to grieve now and move on peacefully. "That's not my place to tell.....where's Vally by the way?" He asks.

"That's also not my place to tell. And if you ask where he is what do you mean?" I ask him. It's the way he said makes me feel uncomfortable. It feels like something is wrong.

"Well, no one has heard from him for days if not weeks....why You asking? I thought you knew" he tells me. I close my eyes as I feel my heart heavy.

He must be missing. He must have lost it now that we have broken up. I was the only closets  to him. The only one person he had to himself. The only one who supported him and understood him.

Despite his sister and mother he trusted me more. And now I've left him alone. His back to where he started.

"I'm sorry for that day. I promise. I want a niece and uncle relationship with you. Please forgive me. I promise to be a better uncle" he says with so much regret in his voice. I stand there and see the sincerity on his face.

"Fine. I forgive you" I say and he stands up with his arms open walking to me and hugs me. I got enough problems then to be hating on a old man.

"I promise to be the best uncle you've ever had and to protect you from the dangerous of this world" he whispers in my ears and gives me a kiss on my forehead.