CHAPTER 70

"You finally made it home. She's much more beautiful then you Regina"  Aunty Caylea says holding my hands. I look over to Vally and he has an amused face unlike everyone else.

"Where's Antonio?" Uncle Christopher asks.
"He hasn't returned from Italy yet.. You know how busy my husband can be.  He even forgets he has a wife and children and family" she says still looking at me. She pulls my cheeks and starts singing in Italian.

"Okay, Caylea that's enough. Brittney come with me" My mother pulls me away from my clingy aunty. She picks up the baskets with fruits and goes to the kitchen. Me and my mother both go out to the farm.

"She can be weird at times just don't mind her" my mother tells me. She is not weird for me. She's completely crazy. I just laugh and carry on walking with my mother.

"Samson where's Damien?" My mother asks.
"It's either his talking to the sheep's or drawing things that don't make sense or does not exist" he says and the other kids start to giggle.

"Samson that's enough" aunty Florence shouts at him and he stops laughing.

"I got a surprise for you" she says.
"Oh, Regina" the man she came in with comes running to us. He comes and stands next to my mother and puts his arm around her neck before kissing her on the head.

"Meet Fernando Torres. My husband and your step father" she says. The man has a moustache and walks over to me. He then pulls me in for a hug.

"We've been waiting for you princess. Your mother told me everything about you.. I'm so pleased and proud to call you my daughter" he says after breaking the hug. I stand there looking at him. This is so weird. What do I do now?. I got a new father and he seems fine.

I had a step father and it never went well I just hope it won't be bad again. "Nice to meet you too. Father" I say and he smiles. He looks Italian and even his accent is Italian.

My father left me and God gave me a new dad. "Okay, I'll leave you to it" he says walking back to the house.

"I had nothing when I got discharged so I met Fernando. He married me and helped me find my feet..." She says. I don't blame her for marrying him cause my father and her never got to share the love they had for each other. So now she got a chance to give and receive love which makes me happy.

"I hope you not mad" she says as we enter a horse barn.

"No, I could never be mad for you finding happiness. I'm actually happy and Fernando seems like a nice guy" I say wiggling my eyebrows at her playfully and she just laughs at me.

"She's a beauty" I say touching the horse and feeding it some grass.

"Her name is Brittney" she says and I look at her while she laughs at me. Out of all things in the world I'm named after a horse. It would have been better if she named me after my cousins.

"I never named her that someone else did" she says. I wonder who else knew about me and would name me after the horse.

"Come out now" she calls out loud. I look around to see who is it that she's calling. It's just the two of us here. I hear the creaking of wood and then a loud thud.

"It's okay. You with me" she says. Behind her stands a young boy in big red boots, yellow shorts and a red skipper. I can't see his face as his hiding. Another cousin.

"Damien, meet Brittney" my mother says and he comes out walking slowly to me. He has light brown colour eyes, his lips are like mines. His skin colour is a little dark like Fernando and he has big curly hair.

His not my cousin rather his my brother. The one I shared a womb with. My very own brother. I am a big sister. All these years I've been a big sister.