CHAPTER 58

Slowly opening my eyes I find Vally sitting on a chair and watching me. His face is full of concern and worry. I look at him and then close my eyes as I'm embarrassed by what I did yesterday.

"I know you awake" he says crossing his arms. I open my eyes and look at him. I hope he won't shout at me or start arguing. My eyes hurt as I've been crying ever since I found out the truth and I don't think I'm going to stop anytime soon.

"Look, I just want us to talk peacefully okay" he says sitting straight. I start playing my fingers and bite my inside cheeks.

"How's your wrist?" He asks me. I take a look at it and see that it has healed. It is no more painful and the redness has gone. Before going to bed I applied some ointment which was not difficult to find if you staying with a short tempered guy.

"Much better" I say sitting up with my back against the head board. I stare at the roof and wonder when will this day come to an end. "I don't blame you about your actions and stuff.. I've been through that same shit just done even more" he says scratching his neck.

"I really want to help you but you not allowing me to. Let me in so that I can help you the same way you helped me" he says and I just stare at him. Even though I'm chasing him and blocking him out his still fighting to save me.

"Don't drown yourself, cake. There is always a way out.. think about all the fuck we've been through together and what we still going to go through...hold my hand and I'll hold yours forever. Let's walk through this hand in hand until the end" he comes closer and sits on the bed.

His right. There is alot of things I've been through which I made out alive. This is just one of those phases that will come to an end also. All I need is to sit down and allow everyone to guide and help me. If I can't do this on my own then I will do it with them.

"I'm sorry Vally for pushing you when all you ever want is to help. I just get stubborn at times and tend to attack whosoever" I say looking down and playing with my fingers. I really can not look at him because of every thing I have put him through.

"It's okay. Express your emotions. Just don't hurt those around you and yourself" he says holding my wrist that got hurt to set an example. I look at him and he puts his hands on both sides of my cheeks.

"Thank you Vally for being my rock and pillar of strength. I don't know what I would do without you" I say and he smiles at me before kissing me on the forehead and leaving. I feel so much better now that I've spoken to him. All I ever wanted was a chat with someone and my mind would be clear enough to think again.

I get out of bed and go take a shower. After my shower I dress and have breakfast. "So you going to tell Natalie?" Vally asks me while eating his cereal. I have decided to tell her before it's too late. I don't want her to face the same things I'm facing. The fact that we were being lied to for the past years hurts already.

"Yes, can you drop me off. I don't wanna drive" I ask. He nods and takes his bowl which he puts in the zinc after finishing his cereal. I go and take the envelope that changed my life in a blink of an eye. It's better if she reads it then for me to explain.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod. I take vabri and the three of us head for the garage. He decides to take my car since his has got no gas. The ride goes well and we parked outside Natalie's place. I can feel my tears threatening my eyes but I need to be strong.

"You'll be fine. I promise" Vally says holding my hand. I wish he would come along but he can't so he'll be visiting his sister. At least now his sister gets to see him even though it's through this circumstances.

I come out of the car and start walking to the door. I knock on the door and wait for someone to open. "Aunty Brittney" I feel arms wrap around my legs. I never even realised that the door opened.

"Hey, sister. Welcome. She just can't seem to leave home" Natalie comes and hugs me.

"You look like a zombie. Are you okay?" She asks me after breaking off the hug and realising I'm not hugging her back. I pass by her and enter the house. I take a seat in the lounge where Alex is. The perfect time with the whole family here for the biggest secret to come out. "Sister welcome home. How you doing?" He asks me.

"I'm fine yourself" I say.
"I'm good" he says putting down his newspaper to have a chat with us. I wish I had come with good news but now I have bought something which could break us apart forever.

"You want some juice or water?" Natalie asks me.

"Water would be fine" I say and she goes to the kitchen coming back with a glass full of water. She then takes a seat and waits for me to finish drink the water.

"I.. have.. something to show you guys" I say getting worried looks from the couple.

"You pregnant?" Natalie asks me. I knew that's the first thing she'll think of. I really hope that was the type of news I was bringing home. I don't say much and take out the envelope from my bag which I put on the table.

"Isn't this from Mr Jeter. Didn't he say it's non of our business?" She asks. Natalie is testing my patience. I want to get over and done with this but now she's making it one big show. I give her a serious look which she catches fast and takes the envelope.

She opens it and takes out the letter which she reads with Alex. "No, no,no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no" she says shifting in her seat. I look down and let loose the tears.

"You don't believe this... it's all a lie" she says standing up. I still sitting look at her. My sister is losing her mind and it's happening right in front of me.

"Calm down. Baby." Alex says standing up and calming down his wife. I look to my side at the empty chair wishing for Vally to also be here and comfort me.

"It is true Natalie. That's dad's handwriting..everything there is nothing but the absolute truth" I say standing up and wiping my tears. This is what I feared the most. Seeing her in this state is what breaks my heart even more.

"No, it's lies ALEX..ME AND BRITTNEY ARE FROM THE SAME WOMB. WE DRANK FROM THE SAME BREAST AND CAME OUT FROM THE SAME PLACE.. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANY OF IT" she screams at us and breaks the pot plant.

"Isn't Brittney, Gabriela Adams is our mother right. I was there while she gave birth to you..we grew up together. Ate from the same plate and slept on the same bed.. remember little sis..yes I bullied you alot but I loved you and still do..This is just some fairytale that dad wrote when he was bored" she says while looking at me and I just shake my head no while letting free my tears.

"Baby, take it easy..deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths" Alex takes control of his wife who was about to break the television. I can feel her pain. She is feeling the same pain I was feeling and still am.

"I'm sorry Natalie. I wish it was all a lie but it's the truth you and I are half sisters" I say in between sobs. Natalie is seated and Alex is giving her a massage while taking deep breaths with her.

Her face is pale and has lost all its blood. She looks at me and her eyes are bloodshot red.

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥