CHAPTER 71

"Brittney, I won't drive you there cause I got something to deal with" Vally tells me and kisses me on my forehead.

I went to work for a few hours and decided to go to my family with Natalie. "It's okay, you enjoy" I say hugging him. He takes his car keys and walks out. I change into a dress and leave my hair straight, something which my family loves doing.

My phone rings and it's Natalie. I guess she's outside. I take it and answer. "Sorry, Brittney I can't come along. I got a late shift" she says and I just let out a breath.

"Sure. We can do it any other day. I'm fine with it" I tell her. She carries on apologising making me feel guilty. After what felt forever she hangs up.

"I guess it's you and I Vabri" I tell Vabri who is laying on the floor and watching me dress. I put on perfume and out I go with my little kitten.

"Brittney, welcome" the kids are all outside playing and Triambika comes and hugs me when I arrive. Samson walks away due to embarrassment and I just smile. He has a ego as huge as Vally's.

"Where's Damien and mother?" I ask her.
"Oh, they went out but they'll be back soon. Come on in" she says holding my hand as we enter the house.

My aunties and uncles welcome me with teddy bear hugs. "You came back already" aunty Florence says as I sit down on the couch next to uncle Patrick.

"This is her home Florence" Patrick tells his wife.
"Your mother and brother and father will be back soon" uncle Christopher tells me and I smile.

"Where's your husband?" Aunty Caylea comes and squashes herself in between me and uncle Patrick who stands up and goes out with his wife.

"His my boyfriend..We not yet engaged" I say looking down.

"Oh, hopefully he will propose soon cause he loves you and we all can see it" uncle Christopher says and we all laugh.

"Just make sure he isn't as lousy and careless as Antonio my dreadful husband" aunt Caylea says. I haven't seen her husband. It feels like he is actually running away from her madness.

"We'll test him don't worry" uncle Christopher says. The door opens and in comes my mother with Damien and my father.

"Sister" Damien jumps in my arms and hugs me.
"Where you been?" I ask him. He points at the grocery packages that my father is taking to the kitchen. If I had come earlier I would have joined they shopping.

"Baby" My mother comes and I stand up to hug her. She kisses me on my cheeks and sits down with me.

"Brittney, welcome" my father says and I just nod with a smile. We sit in the lounge and they tell me  about all the good times that they had and shared in the past which are funny.

I have both lunch and supper which I'm glad for as I don't have to cook when I reach home. "Is this your best drawing?" I ask Damien as I point to the incomplete aeroplane painting. After supper Damien wanted me all to himself so he took me to his room to show me some of his art.

"Yeah, if only I had more colours it would have been beautiful like you" he says and I blush.

"So you think I'm beautiful" I ask and he nods.
"And that boyfriend of yours is lucky to have you" he finishes off and I feel my cheeks heat up. His so adorable.

"How old are you?" I ask him.
"I'm 6 years" he tells me.

"Let me draw you. Sit there" he points on his bed. He shares a room with Jake and Phillip who are bigger then him. I sit down and take a pose while my artist draws me.