CHAPTER 80

"Oh my boy. You've grown so much" the woman says. Vally immediately gets up and dusts his pants before hugging the old woman.

"Madam Carey, I wasn't expecting to see you here" he says. I also get up but stand behind Vally looking at the kids that are playing with the other kids.

"Silly you. I never went back to Britain..." She says holding Vallys hands. That explains the accent. He must have so much respect for this woman cause he is looking down while talking.

I only wonder what they shared. "How's things at home and how are you doing?" She asks.

So she knows about his past or maybe was there. "Well, after they got divorced everything got back to normal and I have changed" he says smiling at her. The woman starts smiling even more and pulls his cheeks playfully.

"That's wonderful. I knew God will help you and your family. Praise the Lord. He works in ways we never will understand" she says. I'm guessing she's the priests wife but what's shocking me the most is Vally is agreeing to every thing.

"I'm sure you heard about my husband. He died during a gang shooting... He was going to buy us some fruits and never came back" she says getting emotional. Poor old woman has to face this world alone.

"I'm sorry for your loss" Vally says.
"I am over it now... I see you have found her. The one you always been looking for" she says looking behind Vally and seeing me. I finally show myself by standing next to him.

"Yeah. Brittney meet Miss Carey. Miss Carey meet Brittney my ----" he doesn't finish off as she has already pulled me in a hug.

"His wife. You must be. Look how beautiful you guys look. Oh my, god has found you someone who loves and accepts you" she says happily. Me and Vally just look at it each other and smile. This is awkward but fantastic. I'm being recognized as his soul mate and not girlfriend.

"We came for some water" Damien says. They both come breathing heavily.

"Oh, you a father now Carter.. God is great" she says.

"They both look like you..how wonderful" she praises going to greet the two boys that are taking a rest. After she talks to them they run off to play again.

"You two must look after each other. No matter what happens come fire or water always stand together and never allow for the devil to break you up. It's the devils work that made your parents divorce and everything.. Please don't be like them. Learn to understand each others difficulties and help each other but most importantly love each other for your and your kids future" she says holding mines and Vallys hands.

"Yes aunty" Vally and I say in unison.
"Okay, I got to go now. Take care Carter and Miss Carter and never forget my advice" she says walking away. We wave goodbye at her before giggling to ourselves.

"She used to look after me the days I ran away from home. She tried to glue our family but failed. She was not just my teacher but my therapist" Vally says putting his hands in his pocket and we walk to the swing.

"And she cares for you so much" I say.
"Yeah, she was like a mother to me.. She made sure I never stopped believing in love and myself" he puts his hand over my shoulder.

"You going first?" he asks pointing at the swing.
I sit on it and he starts pushing me on the swing while I laugh. It feels like I'm in my childhood again.

"Yaaaayyyyyyy..." I scream out loud and he pushes me higher.

"Your turn now" I say getting off the swing.

"Go uncle Vally. Go uncle Vally. Go uncle Vally" the two boys come and start cheering for him since his refusing to climb.

"No, I'm not climbing this Fucking thing" he says.
"Language. Come on now just one push" I say and he frowns. Why does he always have to be the one that doesn't have fun.