CHAPTER 21

And even if I could I wouldn't
No matter what the price is I would pay
No matter if I should or shouldn't
I wouldn't have to give up any way
Long nights of crying

"Blood, whose blood is that?" Natalie picks up the towel with blood on it and looks at it.

"My nose was bleeding.. I forgot to clean it" I say and Kevin puts his arm around my back and kisses my forehead. "You should be careful mabelle" he says and rubs my arm. I smile and look over at Vally whose busy on his phone.

"Lets get out of here" I say. I pack my belongings which aren't much and check out. The drive is quiet and awkward because of my two lovers Kevin and Vally. They sitting in silence without strangling each other which is a first. Although they avoiding each other's looks I'm proud of them. I need to disappear more often for them to actually get along. Sounds like a great plan.

Natalie puts her head on my shoulder and I give her a kiss on her head. I stressed her out with my disappearance and I promise to never do it again. Everyone steps out the moment we reach outside our apartment. They all go inside except me.

Sighing I turn to look at Vally who is clearly confused as to why I'm still standing. "I'm sorry for the trouble.. I didn't mean for any of this to happen" I apologise while looking down and playing with my fingers.

He just nods in acceptance and slide into the car. He looks at me for a few seconds and drives off.

>>>>>

The rest of the week goes normal. Natalie and I are mending back the bond we once shared. We starting of slowly by going shopping together, helping out in the kitchen together and also washing the dishes together. Today we have invited the Carter family over for dinner.

They come in 5 minutes late which gives me enough time to look stunning. Stunning for Vally of course My bitch voice reminds me. I am wearing a yellow long dress with flat shoes and my hair is in curls. Putting on some eye liner and looking good I go downstairs.

Lorraine pulls me in a warm hug and I can feel the sorry in it. I hate it when people feel sorry and pity for me. It brings me down and makes me just want to give up on myself.

We all sit down and Vally takes a seat next to me. He is wearing tracksuit pants with a red shirt. His hair is messy but it looks wet as if he just came out of the shower. Why do I have a feeling he was forced to be here. "Hi" I greet him. He just gives me a small and rubs his hands on his thighs.

The dinner goes silent and what could be heard is the fork or knife on the plate. After dinner Natalie serves us her own home made desert which she look up for it on the internet. But I won't spoil her evening. The silent atmosphere seems to cease as Natalie and Lorraine chat about work , Alex and Mr Carter, Vally and Lorraine's Father, talk about a basketball match and the kids seem to be getting along.

Leaving me and Vally who is busy on his phone for the past ten minutes trying to ignore me. I keep on trying to get closer to him and see who is it that's keeping him busy but he catches me. So I'm sitting here drinking my wine "Hey uncle and aunty" Sasha and Reece calls us immediately getting both of our attention.

"We have something to tell you" they both say in unison.

"Sure spit it out" Vally says. He puts of his phone and looks at the kids. His eyes light up when he looks at Sasha his niece. I wonder how he would look at our kids together. I'm sure he'll light up brighter then a light bulb. And did I just say our kids....

"Why don't you and aunty Brittney get married then we'll be one big family" They both suggest and start clapping they hands. That's a very good suggestion. I would really love that. Then we can no longer be just neighbours but one big family.

The question startle everyone as Natalie chokes on her wine , Lorraine's jaw could touch the floor any moment and Alex and Vallys father just stop talking and all eyes are on us. I look over at Vally who is chilled with a smirk on his face.

Could he maybe agree with this or is it a joke like always?. He leans forward "Kids, that would mean war and besides your aunty over here is not what I'm looking for" he says then sits straight in his seat.

Right now my brain is screaming at me. My head is pounding and my heart is in pain. Why does it seem like every time I'm near him all I ever do is feel pain. Standing up I excuse myself and go outside.

Looking at the moon I hear someone clear they throat. "Why do you keep doing this?" I ask slowly to stop myself from stuttering and giving him the pleasure.

"Doing what?" He asks with no sympathy.
"This on and off game we playing" I bite my trembling lip so I don't sound to heartbroken.

"I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression but I don't..." He pauses and I turn to face him. He puts his hands in his back pocket and looks down then back at me.

"Let me put it like this. There is someone else I love and is not going to leave soon...look from now on I won't bother you or Kevin anymore okay. Lets take this as a new beginning where we don't know each other.. deal?" He gives me his hand which I don't take because of the side effects of being in contact with him.

Nodding he says goodbye and our new deal has begun where I don't know a Vally and he has never met a Brittney.

Traitor tears fall down as I make my way to my bedroom.

H/ N : he just broke her heart 😭

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥

Song: Can't let you go
Artist: Ali Gatie