CHAPTER 24

For now the day bleeds into nightfall
And you not here to get me through it all
I let my guard down and you pulled the rug
I was getting kind of used to being someone you loved

"OH MY GOODNESS" is all I could say to what I was seeing.

A half naked Kevin and a complete naked girl who has her arms around his neck. Straddling him.

"Brittney baby, I can explain" he pushes the girl off him as he runs towards me.

My heart feels as if there are thorns poking it. My legs go all weak and by the way my head is spinning I feel like collapsing. My lungs have stopped working and it's as if all the air has been drained out of me.

"S-hee" I put my hand over my mouth as tears start gushing out. The girl stands up and starts dressing and I remember seeing her. She's that girl we met that day when we were coming back from crowns. I should have known that he wanted her by the way he was looking at her. The invitation to the party was actually a invitation to his bedroom.

Running down the stairs I hear footsteps behind me. "It was a mistake Brittney, I swear" Kevin grabs my wrist when we reach the bottom and I stop in my tracks. I can't let this go easily. No. He needs to hear what I get to say. I have always let things slide and look where that has got me.

"Mistake. You know what's a mistake huh" I turn to face him. I have forgiven him so many times but now I won't. He has hurt me more than anything when all I ever did was love him. I gave him my heart and now he just had to go and break it.

"Do you know what's a mistake" I start punching his hard shirtless chest. Who knew love would do this to you. "Sir, is everything okay?" Zach comes in ready to shoot as he has with him his gun.

"Yes, it's okay" Kevin tells him while I carry on hitting his chest that has pink lipstick. He let's go of my hand and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Dating you was a mistake" I slap him on the cheek and walk out.

"Brittney please. I love you and only you alone" he runs after me. I walk faster and go outside the gate. "Please Brittney" he catches up with me. Ignoring his pleas I stand and wait for a taxi.
"Brittney I swear that it was a mistake" he comes and stands in front of me. I stop the taxi and push him out of my way. I slid in and that's when the real pain comes.

***flashbacks***

"Miss Bryson I'm going to need you to make sure we get lots of clients tonight okay.." My boss tells me.

We are at those conferences and my boss has asked me to accompany him. There are lots of people from stylish woman wearing very expensive gowns while I'm in my normal white dress.

"Yes sir. I'll try my best" I say and we both go to the other table full of men talking about business. I look around at the bright lights to the slay queens gossiping and showing of they outfits to the men in suit talking about business.

I wish my father was here to help me and guide me. But I do know that he is here even thou it's not physically it's emotionally. His in my heart. I really feel overwhelmed by everything so I do what I do best and that is run away.

"Excuse me I need the ladies" I whisper in my bosses ear. He nods and I start walking fast.

"Sorry are you okay ?" A tall man asks me after pouring red wine on my dress. I look up and I'm met by a pair of greenish eyes looking down at me.

How dare this idiot. I had to save for months to get this Damm dress and now it's all ruined. "Screw you" I take the remaining wine and pour it all over his idiotic but handsome face getting everyone's attention. "Mmm, a fighter that I like" he says with a smirk on his face. "Well see if you will like it when I smash your head against the wall" I say in a threatening voice.

He just stands still with a smile on his face. I look at him and notice that he is looking at my curly hair. Bloody idiot. "Brittney" My boss comes running to us.

"Oh my, Mr Brown my apologies. She can be clumsy at times" he apologise for me. I cross my arms and look away. "Brittney please leave." He tells me and after giving Mr Brown a death glare I walk out.

The next morning I'm awoken by my mother calling me. I go downstairs and she gives me a box which I'm surprised as to why she never opened it. I go to my room and put it on my bed.

It could be a bomb or snake eggs. I mean why wouldn't mom open it. Something is fishy here. After pacing up and down I find the courage to open it revealing a white gown that costs millions by just looking at.

I pick it up and look at it. Not even those slay queens have one like this. But who would waste millions on plain simple Brittney. I take the note attracted to it :

Meet me at Crowns diner at 6:30
If you really want to get your answer
And put on that dress
Xoxox

At 6:30 I got ready and took a taxi which was already waiting for me. It dropped me right outside the diner. I enter inside and look around for my date. Could it be that old man over there or that woman.

Next thing a hand wraps around my waist and mouth and pulls me to a quiet place. "Hello Mabelle". That same voice beams in my ear.

And that's how I met Kevin Brown.

H/ N : Kevin just cheated on her 😭

Please don't forget to share, vote and comment♥

Song: someone you loved
Artist: Lewis Capaldi