{Jake Muller x Reader} - Envy

Movie/Game : Resident Evil 6
————————

Ever since this girl came in the picture it hasn't been the same between you and Jake. Now you could just be reading in to this whole situation wrong, or were overthinking like you normally would. But everything just wasn't sitting right with you about everything going on, blaming half of it on the situation at hand since everything happened so quickly it was hard to keep up with.

 Sherry Birkin was apart of this agency you were just now hearing about and decided to stop by after all of your friends took this supplement that made them died and turn in to these indestructible monsters that hunted you down. In just a few seconds the people you worked with were gone so quickly just because of something this random lady gave them and called it steroids. Spewing a load of crap about Jake being special and that his blood could cure this virus outbreak and more since he was related to this one guy that you had never heard of but apparently he did. Of course he was milking the attention that she gave him, asking for extra money for his hard work handing his blood over when he would just sit there and let them do their jobs. Letting her gawk over him and commit to the deal he asked in return as you stood there and covered them as more of those freaks came to ruin the party. 

You just stood by and watched as they talked, taking note of his smile he had as he talked to her, watching her as she stood there flustered since she couldn't even get him to commit to the deal without him making one himself. You had never gotten the supplement because you had just gotten back from a run. Kind of wishing you had taken it by now as you watched them. He told you as you walked in to greet him not to take them and to come with them if you wanted to get out of there after your old friends started to show up and attack you. Of course with the situation you didn't know what to even do at that point in time. You knew you could take care of yourself with ease, he just gave you a tip about the steroids being taken and a ticket out of that hell hole. 

Telling yourself all these years that you didn't need anyone so this was just an offer you took to save yourself. Yet seeing him with her confused you and made your blood boil that she was so close to him and acted as if she couldn't do anything. Acting like he would protect her through thick and thin. Just like he used to do for you before you became somewhat better than him and could take care of yourself on your own. It surprised you she had gotten this far in to finding him without dying. Knowing in your line of work she would be hospitalized instantly, but what did he see in her. What made him seem so fond of her as you worked together to get out of there. Was it how small and petite she was, her mad face that was more close to flustered over menacing. How she followed him around like a sick puppy since he could walk away at any second and her mission would be a failure. Or the fact that she needed him and you acted as if you didn't need him at all.

You weren't sure what was going through his head to be fair, was it corrupting his mind that he was the savior to the people with his blood and would be rich out of it? Was it the fact that some pretty girl needed his help because she couldn't even punch someone hard enough to knock them down? Everything ran through your head and you were just sick of all these thoughts that ran through it. 

You both weren't even together, just friends that flirted every once in a while when they saw each other when they could. Teasing and training together was all you ever did, but that made you gain feelings for him over time and you couldn't help it. Wanting him to see you as strong and not some wimp that needed help with everything. Wanting him to see you as a trustworthy partner that he could rely on through thick and thin. That you cared for him when no one else seemed to in his life. But your guess was he didn't feel the same about you, not one bit about you in return since he acted like a big hero in front of this girl. Knowing he would deny it if you brought it up since he thought he was the worst person in the world. Knowing damn well he didn't deserve any of this and it was some coincidence that his blood could save man kind.