{Chris Redfield x Reader} - Check On

Movie/game : 8
-----------------------

The past few years have been very exhausting for you in many ways then one you could easily say. It started off with you accidentally becoming a part of the Baker family's prey. Being a part of the film crew that thought the house was abandoned originally to film their cheap show Sewer Gators. You weren't even supposed to be there, you were contacted by Andre last minute as an extra camera person in case Clancy didn't show up like he had wanted. But since he made it and you were there you went along with the show. Thinking what was the worst that could happen besides wasting a couple hours of your time and boy were you wrong about that being the worst thing. Once Andre went missing, you all explored the house to prepare for the show that was supposed to be filmed later on. Yet everyone was on edge just by his disappearance. Knowing you needed to find Andre and you needed to get the hell out of there since this place wasn't right. But what annoyed you the most was Pete shoving you and Clancy first since he was selfish as hell and even forced you down after he heard Clancy screaming over something down below. Which led you to being captured and knocked out soon after. 

The family of monsters known as the Baker's kept you locked up, tried making you into one of them by Eveline their "Adopted" daughter. You weren't having any of it, seeming to only have Mia that was held up in a cell beside you to keep you company. Even then she would act weird all of a sudden, hostile and violent. You were eventually found by her husband after however long you were trapped there for and were set free. But the terrors didn't stop since Mia went crazy and the Bakers caught Ethan in the act once she was attacking you. The night was long, reuniting with Ethan after his capture you swore to help him find Mia as she was your friend too. Leading you on a wild goose chase around the property, killing the Baker's and saving Mia by recruiting the antidote and making it out of there by boat. Yet out of all of that the final fight against Eveline was grueling and terrifying. Concluding your adventure by Blue Umbrella coming and saving you three from the mess you were in down at the house. 

You thought it would have been over after that, you really did. Being safe and sound, protected by Chris and his men. Yet what you hadn't known was you would be in the care of Blue Umbrella and sent all the way over to Europe in order to live a somewhat normal life since their headquarters were closer there. You were given an apartment to live in in Europe that wasn't too far away from Ethan and his wife. But the matter of fact that you had to leave where you had lived as well as your friends and family just because of this incident, it made your blood boil just thinking about it. There was nothing you could do now though, making you realize you would just have to stick with whatever you were given at this point in time. Starting with decorating your new living space you claimed as yours.

In the three years and a couple months counting you could say there were a few things that came out positive about this whole ordeal though. You now lived close by your friends and were a part of their family now. Even considered an aunt once Mia's baby girl was born into the world. But what really kept you going was the man who saved you all that time ago. Chris Redfield, in time he seemed so stern and tough. Yet his caring exterior shone through in the couple years you have known him. He broke rules for you, even showed you how to protect yourself with self defense classes and fire arm training. You spent a lot of time with him, in the states and once you moved to Europe. You became good friends quickly, something more you would hope for soon to happen as well. But you couldn't get your hopes up so soon, he was a busy man after all and you couldn't interfere with his line of work even if you wanted to.

A small sigh escaped your lips as you finished pushing your new bookcase up against the wall by the T.V. One identical to it on the other side so it would match the living room setting. Smiling to yourself you wiped the sweat off your forehead before reaching down to move a box closer to you as you stood there. The apartment was almost done, a few boxes here and there needed to be gone through. You had all the furniture set up throughout the house so that was progress anyway.